Is this hole for water pressure?

Is the top hole the pickup for water pressure? My gauge doesn’t work and this hole is/was clogged all the way with wood fiber.
    https://ibb.co/GnYXjB1

Thanks

2. Member
    No,that’s the pick up or pitot for the speedo. The water pressure gauge hooks up under the cowl,usually at the rear of the engine.

Yeah, that small single hole is the speedo pick up. They will always get clogged with wood or something so just forget about it. If you want to monitor speed use a GPS, they are way more accurate and won't get clogged with crap.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    10/4. I use gps, just thought maybe that was the WP pickup. Thanks guys

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor