Mercury Vessel View Mobile (Unit Placement)

I apologize if this question has been asked before, I looked but didn't see anything recent. I just purchased the Vessel View Mobile Kit, and I wanted to ask other owners or Don, where is the safest place to attach the unit on the motor? Is using the zip ties provided the best option for securing the unit? My outboard is a 115 4 Stroke Pro-XS. Thank you in advance.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

2. Member
    I can tell you I just bought a new boat and added this to it at the motor. In the garage it connects perfectly, on the water it is inconsistent at best. I just ordered the harness from Don to move and mount it under the driver’s console and hope that solves the connectivity.

3. Banned
    When I had one, it was zip tied along the front harness under the cowl. Never a connection issue.

4. Member
    I configured mine on my 115 Pro XS as bshort mentioned in his post above. Never a connection issue especially since Mercury updated their APP software. Sorry no pictures but if needed I can take some and post them.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Route the harness to the front of the engine, preferably as high up as possible (imagine the best line of sight to your console, and aim for that).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Route the harness to the front of the engine, preferably as high up as possible (imagine the best line of sight to your console, and aim for that).
    Thank you for the info Don, apologize for posting incorrectly .
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

7. Member
    I bought one this winter and installed it. It has some good info. I could certainly live without it. It’s not a necessity.