2019 Mercury Pro XS 200 loss of power.

I have a 2019 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 four stroke motor (2B593315) that had lost power at approximately 4k rpm's. It would still idle and at one point there was 3 beeps. It continued to do this while I tried to make it back to my dock. Every time I put the throttle down it would cut out at 4k rpm's and just idle. As I made my way back I tried it again and it then started cutting out at 3k rpm's, so I just idled back to my dock. After being back at my dock and checking the oil level (which was fine) I tried starting the motor and had a dead battery. My question is this...Would a bad alternator cause the loss of power to the motor?
    Last edited by Timmy Seahawks; 08-12-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Added SN

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    I have a 2019 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 four stroke motor (2B593315) that had lost power at approximately 4k rpm's. It would still idle and at one point there was 3 beeps. It continued to do this while I tried to make it back to my dock. Every time I put the throttle down it would cut out at 4k rpm's and just idle. As I made my way back I tried it again and it then started cutting out at 3k rpm's, so I just idled back to my dock. After being back at my dock and checking the oil level (which was fine) I tried starting the motor and had a dead battery. My question is this...Would a bad alternator cause the loss of power to the motor?
    Looks like 3 beeps can mean low voltage. I was out with my boat which has the same motor as you over the weekend and noticed my voltage all over the place. After a 20 minute run I had 11.2 volts. The 150-amp alternator fuse is good on mine but it may be something to check on yours. My dealer ordered a new alternator hope they’re available

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There are really only TWO warnings, see your Engine Owner's Manual for details (Solid Tone = CRITICAL, 4 Beeps, Pause, 4 Beeps = Non-Critical).

Critical warning means shut the engine down as soon as safely possible due to a serious problem.

Non-Critical warning means proceed to port, and see Dealer as soon as safely possible for service.

ANY warning can be accompanied by Engine Guardian, which limits your available power, based on the severity of the problem.

Low Battery Voltage is indeed one of many dozens of potential faults.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor