Thread: Truck dealers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Truck dealers!

Man are they frustrating! Dealing with three of them right now on a new ram truck and none of them are honest. I know they need to make a profit but they sure hate when you are talking to other dealers. One is five hours away and have the truck I want and say they will match the price of the two local dealers. The one local dealer said they can get that truck in a dealer trade but that dealer said they will not do dealer trades. I think I will take a break and wait for the 20 models they sure look for those impromptu shoppers and are bad getting back with you and all of them say sorry I was busy selling cars. They act like people are lined down the street to buy. Don’t recall an experience like this on previous purchases
    Last edited by Phoenix Jim; 08-12-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Go to a different dealer.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

3. Moderator
    Set down with the dealership in tupelo, they came at me with stupid numbers, like $5,000 less than what was my bottom dollar I would take for my tundra. I was looking at a $50k tundra. I drove the next day to oxford and we were within $1,000 of making a deal. They beat tupelo so bad. I countered to Tupelo and he got butt hurt and said they always beat everyone’s price. I will buy from Oxford.

Have you tried Dave Smith or Dennis Dillon?
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Told the 5 hour away dealer, the one who has the exact truck I want, I am moving on from him due to him being 5k off my trade from other two dealers. Low and behold I get a voice mail, I’m brain fried right now, saying that they had good news for me and to call them. Other dealer just text saying they are still trying to get that truck in a dealer trade. Draining experience but I can wait for a 2020. The problem is that it’s a ram Laramie quad cab all the bells and whistles. Crew cab won’t fit in my garage and quads are hard to find
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

You will go through the same thing on a 20. Just get a deal that makes you happy and get the truck.

Have been thinking about a new Ram....don't like thinking about the salesman though....might wait till the 2020's come out and get a used 2019 truck. Hopefully I could save a few thousand or wait and see what the 2020's have to offer. Right now, the electric motor on the engine is of interest to me. Wanta see if/how they have improved the 2020 over the 2019.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

8. Banned
    The mistake that was made was that you called or contacted the dealer with the truck you wanted. That dealer will never trade that truck to another dealer knowing they have it and you are interested in it. You will have to buy from them or move on to a different vehicle that can be located. Not saying its right but its the game. The dealer that was asking for the trade should have advised you not to contact them.

9. Member
    Woodhouse.

10. Member
    Jim, call Costco and ask if they have a dealer in your area. It's worth joining Costco for the vehicle sale program if they do.

You buy from a local dealer, THROUGH the Costco program. All the paperwork is done as normal, including financing (if you finance). The thing is, you know what you're paying before you ever leave home. All Costco vehicles are sold at "Supplier Pricing" which is less than Invoice, but a little more than Employee Pricing. Plus you stack any applicable rebates on top of that.

We saw vehicles sitting in Costco for 20 years, never even thought about buying through their program. Then in 2016 we were looking for a loaded Silverado and ran across a deal that Costco was doing with Chevy, for 5000 LTZ Silverados with a preset option package. From 22" chrome wheels, to floor liners, bed cover, under seat storage for the back seat, even the 'blackout Bow Tie' package (which I didn't have the dealer install). Of course they were also heavily optioned. You could pick your color (pay the up-charge if there was one) as well as 2WD or 4WD. The thing is, for both vehicles we were IN AND OUT of the dealer in under an hour. We knew what we were paying, showed up with a $500 check to order the truck, (15 minutes there), then 6 weeks later the truck was there. Stroked a check for it, and was out in 45 minutes. Total savings was over 10K on a loaded LTZ. They just don't do that!

What I found out in doing my research is Costco is the #2 seller in the country, only behind Auto Nation. They sell new and certified pre-owned. Any make and model. Haven't seen any sales numbers in a couple years, but in 2015 they sold something like 730,000 vehicles! It is the easiest deal you've ever done for sure.

Our daughter was so impressed with it, that last year they were looking for a new 4WD Colorado. Thing is she's in Albuquerque now and there were no participating dealers. Buuuuuttt…. John Elway Chevy in Colorado was, so they talked on the phone, picked out the truck, flew up and drove it back. They didn't spend all day there haggling either, knew going in what the were paying.

It's worth checking out.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

Get ahold of Midway dodge in Kearney. They will treat you fair!
    Charger 210 Elite

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Woodhouse.
    tried them 21k for my truck Baxter 23k
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

13. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcCarty View Post
    The mistake that was made was that you called or contacted the dealer with the truck you wanted. That dealer will never trade that truck to another dealer knowing they have it and you are interested in it. You will have to buy from them or move on to a different vehicle that can be located. Not saying its right but its the game. The dealer that was asking for the trade should have advised you not to contact them.
    yep you are right. The dealer told me that and I told him the salesman did not call. manager said to call him as he had some questions for me. I tried him 3 Times and left messages and the salesman twice so figured they were not interested so I called the dealer that has the truck 5 hours away. Oh well I will get the one I want but will have to be a 2020
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

14. Member
    Look around some more. Dealers will practically pay you to take rams off the lot.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbassdaddy1190 View Post
    Look around some more. Dealers will practically pay you to take rams off the lot.
    lol

16. Banned
    A Dodge Dave Smith is your place will reimburse airfare if you buy

17. Member
    Why all the drama. Tell them what you are willing to pay. Either deal
    or no deal. No biggie.

18. Member
    Employee price is better than supplier price, every dealer will sell one for supplier price

19. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I don’t know how those guys sleep at night. Lie after lie.

Dale Sinclair original

Wait a minute this is BBC we are suppose to pay cash $ .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast