Picking up new 250 ss tomorrow need info for motor support

Picking up new motor on boat tomorrow. I've got a ranger trailer and its about 48-50 inches from the motor to the trailer roller. Need to find a long shaft saver but no luck and short notice to locate one. Have access to a Yamaha trailering support (single tube of hard rubber) for the day. Have no idea if it will work. Anyone use one of these on a 4 stroke 250 Suzuki?

2. Member
    I got a new Falcon boat about three weeks ago and it had a Suzuki 250SS on it and Falcon boats recommended the old style motor to trailer support.

3. Member
    When I got my new one it didn't trim up high enough to use my 2 trim sticks that fit over the trim rods. The dealer grabbed a spare standard (lower unit to trailer style) motor saver. I've used it ever since. I don't think it would be considered a "long shaft" motor saver but it comfortably secures my 250ss. I get that I have a different boat than you but I would think that if you trimmed down enough it would work for your ranger boat/trailer. But I might be missing something.

4. Member
    You can actually adjust the trim limits in order to use the TH marine sticks. You got to be careful how you adjust them because the fittings on the steering ram will rub against the jackplate. I also believe that the Moto Stop Transom Saver for the Yamaha 4 stroke will work as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    That motor should give you many good years of service. Enjoy!!!

6. Member
    Thanks to all. The configuration is such that none of the stick styles work. Not enough room to get into the space. Can't raise trim any higher without making contact with the fiberglass. Went to the old style saver and all is well. Worst park of this motor was the initial breakend. After that heaven. Love it. Quiet and respopnsive. Glad I made the change. The maintenance is nill. 100 hr check ups. There is an initial 20 hr breakend but then leave it alone and fish. Six (6) year warranty bumper to bumper is also great. Fished night tournament Saturday. Used 3 gallons of gas. Not bad at all.

7. Member
    Read your owners manual. I have a Suzy, and it will set a warning horn and flashing low oil light if you forget to change the oil, or forget to reset the warning system after an oil change. I ran across a fellow Suzuki owner that had this warning and was afraid to drive his boat back to the launch area. I showed him how to reset it, he went on his way. I don't like to tow, but I will if it is a last resort.

8. Member
    Good info. Have read manual cover to cover twice.