Question What makes more sense?

I have new Garmin Echomap 93 plus with built in maps and transducer. Only been to lake once so unit is brand new and my first Garmin marine product.
    I can get a used Panoptix PS 22-TR Transducer for $500. I don't know transducer number for new livescope but it is in the $1200 to $1500 range depending on discount. In the beginning I wasn't planning on doing the forward looking transducer but the used PS-22 has got me interested. What makes sense to those of you that know the Garmin product line?
    Buy neither?
    Buy PS-22TR?
    Buy livescope transducer? (give me number if you know which one)
    Thanks for you help and comments!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The Live Scope is the GLS10/LVS32......If you have the money, my opinion would be the LiveScope....i have the PS 22 and use it from time to time on bass fishing but when i'm crappie fishing it stays on down and works great......looking at LS videos make the decision easier.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    If your like me and go with a ps22 you just be wishing you had the livescope and end up getting only later anyhow. With that said you could pick up a used ps22 and not be out a lot if you end up reselling to upgrade later.

What are you planning to do with it?
    looking for suspended bait/fish ps22
    looking for structure/weeds/fish gls10 and lvs32

yes both will pick up bait but it's very small on LS, and weeds have wayyyy less definition on ps22 where if fishing an edge it is irrelevant but if looking at holes in weeds it wouldn't work well. Looking at lures is easier with ps22 assuming they are not on the bottom
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089