Trailer emergency brake

Hey guys, I need some help here:

I have been having some pretty loud squeaking coming from my trailer. Seems like something with the trailer brakes. Before I bring it in on Wednesday I wanted to double check that it wasn’t my e-brake that wasn’t pulled on the trailer. When I popped the cap the red was not showing (which now I know it means it was not on) but I pushed the lever and now the “red” is showing. According to the Manual, it says to press down the emergency stop release bracket with a screwdriver until the E-stop bracket snaps back into normal position. I’m doing that and I cannot get it to release so that it is not showing red. Any help would be appreciated!!

2. Member
    Got it pushed back and disengaged. Took the boat around the block and the trailer was completely silent. How could that Ebrake get semi engaged if I’ve never opened that cap before? Is that possible?

3. Member
    Maybe when you pulled the truck away from the trailer the cable got snagged for a split second?
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

^^That would be my guess as well. This coming from someone who tried to set his boat on fire when the trailer caught fire. Glad you ID'd the problem.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin