Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar

2009 201 EVO Evinrude 250 Etec HO / Actia gauges - Lowrance/NMEA conflict ??

I started a thread in the Evinrude Forum, but I am only receiving generic responses to my dilemma.

I am trying to hook up my EMM to my NMEA backbone so that I can view my gauges on my Carbon 12, but I am having a problem with my Actia gauges. I hoping to get more specific advice from EVO/Lowrance owners.

I set up the following network for my Lowrance system. Here's what I have on the go:

Live 9 Carbon 12 Carbon 12 Carbon 12 Point 1 ’09 ETEC
    250 HO
    3’ 3’ 3’ 3’ Power 15’ 15’ BRP adapter
    Term T T 15’ BB ext T T T T T Term

It's the bolded column that I am concerned about.

There is no backbone harness with T's for the Actia guages, or no provision to plug the gauges to the Lowrance NMEA backbone network. There is a 4 pin plug from the EMM that the Actia gauges use. I unplugged the gauges from the EMM and plugged the EMM with Lowrance/BRP adapter p/n 000-0120-62 into the backbone.

I assumed that the gauges would simply shut down, but they are all lit up with red trouble codes, and the analogue needles are sweeping back and forth continuously with the ignition to the on position. I have not started the motor.

And if you read this, you will see the problem I am having:

https://community.evinrude.com/t5/Ow...ges/td-p/11663

Has anyone encountered this problem, and how to overcome it. I have looked everywhere for a solution.

My two C12's hide my Actia RPM/Smart gauge, which is not a good thing.

HELP, PLEASE!
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 08-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Anyone???
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel