Eyra Cooler Question

2017 Eyra. Has anyone done anything to keep water out of the "dry" side of the cooler? In theory this design is a great idea, but it need some tweaking. Obviously ice melts, water sloshes around when running and the dry side quickly fills up with water. Plus there is no drain on that side so I have to use the ShopVac to suck the water out after each use.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for it?

Thanks

2. Member
    I have installed a drain on the dry side. If you are having problems with sloshing you could glue some foam to the center so it would compress and keep it dry. My 2018 will get water in it during heavy rain. It runs down in both corners and builds up. the lid fits so tight on both sides and the compression latches do not allow it to drain around the bottom. I have shown this to Bass Cat so hopefully it will not happen to future models. Arthur

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Just use frozen bottles of water instead of ice. It keeps everything cold and eventually you have ice water to drink.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    Keep the plug out... I do this in Texas and everything stay cold enough or cool enough and no water getting into the dry storage for the most part. Works great!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steuben View Post
    Keep the plug out... I do this in Texas and everything stay cold enough or cool enough and no water getting into the dry storage for the most part. Works great!

Plug out it melts way to fast. Someone above mention rain water filling it, and that is the possible culprit. It's happened to be raining the last few times I've took it out. We will see.

6. Member
    If you want your food dry, put it in tupperware. Pretty simple.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Plug out it melts way to fast. Someone above mention rain water filling it, and that is the possible culprit. It's happened to be raining the last few times I've took it out. We will see.
    My Eyra was the same. I kept the plug in. The melted ice and remaining ice kept drinks very cold. It would occasionally slosh to the dry storage (sandwich) side. But it was never a large amount of water. It may be a leak issue while raining. I usually could dry it up with a few paper towels.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs