Thread: Bear ?

Bear ?

They are very rare down here in my neck of the woods. I like to feed in the summer and keep deer in my area. This guy showed up and I thought it was cool until the feeder don't put out enough so he just tore it up and go into it. What do y'all in bear country do or feed that he don't like and move on.
    Bear at feeder by David Middleton, on Flickr
    Bear at feeder by David Middleton, on Flickr

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

We had one on the property we hunt for a short time and he tore up the feeders also. We just did put them back up for awhile untill he moved on.

3. Member
    Just take them down and wait a while hopefully he will move on. We now have a ton of them up here. Though I dont feed deer if you keep that feeder out you will continue to get more pics of him ripping it over. My boss is a yuppy and has lost about $300 worth of bird feeders this year to them. But he continues to put them back up and they continue to disappear. Cant fix stupid.

Had a place years ago they were bad! Made feeders out of metal barrels and hung them off tree limbs with a hand crank winch. Lower to fill then crank them back up

5. Member
    More and more bears are being seen in Alabama these days. Not common at all but they are being seen. Cannot offer any advice on feeders as I have never used them. We have always planted green fields instead.

6. Member
    You ever want to get one, come on up here to North Ar.. Thicker than ticks. Common sight in the Ozark National Forest where we camp and hunt.