Setting time on HDS 12 Gen 2 touch, help please

I have tried all I can think of. I have searched the forums with no luck.Driving me insane.
    Here is the situation:
    I have a carbon 12 at the dash and a HDS 12 Gen 2 touch on the bow. I can get the dash unit set to the correct time, but I can't even get the bow unit to display the time. It just shows TIME and 3 dashes. When I go to settings to set the time, I can't even get it to the correct time, it is off (by 9 minutes if I remember correctly). I have tried a bunch of different powering off/ on scenarios trying to get the bow unit to reflect the dash unit with no luck. I have even played with the local/global settings with no luck (not sure if I am doing that correctly though). I also believe I have the latest updates.
    Does anyone have any tips or possibly a walk thru set of directions I could follow.

Do you have the latest "time" update

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Do you have the latest "time" update
    Not sure what you are referring to.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMA1973 View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to.
    Firmware update from Lowrance for your unit.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Banned

6. Member
    An hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Lowrance yesterday and the guy decided I should probably replace my graph. Said nothing more he can do to help get the time to display.Made me a little pi**ed.

7. Member
    Did you install the time update patch for Gen 2s referenced above? Did you do a search on the forum for this topic? There have been a number of threads about this, some going on for 20-30 pages. Bottom line, there is a patch to fix your time issue. You just have to follow the advice you are getting here not from Lowrance. Just as an FYI, this issue has nothing to do with Lowrance it is a GPS problem.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMA1973 View Post
    An hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Lowrance yesterday and the guy decided I should probably replace my graph. Said nothing more he can do to help get the time to display.Made me a little pi**ed.
    install the patch that’s what it fixes
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    The PATCH worked for me for time. The date is still not correct.

here it is: https://www.lowrance.com/news-videos/gps-week-rollover/

10. Member
    There was an early patch then a final version. Install the latest one.

11. Member
    I should have made it more clear in my last reply. Lowrance had me install the latest patch again. Then we did all kinds of things, soft reste, turn one off then other back on, etc etc. Nothing worked. I had a tournament this last weekend and all the sudden the time was there and correct. Worked all 4 days with no issues. So hoping it just had some bug and fixed itself.
    Thanks for all the tips.

12. Member
    Once the patch is installed, it takes some time for the unit, once locked onto satellites, to download necessary data and become operative. I forget the exact technical stuff that is required to download but Navico experts here will know.

Lowrance CS should have known that and told you that it might take a while, maybe half hour or so after satellite lockon, to acquire this data and start operating normally again.

You should be right to go now.

I have the patch and my time will only work if I start my units in a certain order. Lowrance suggested i buy newer units.