Merc. gear cases, hub selection and compatiability?

The one thing that has always been an issue with Mercs is their variety of parts inside a specific year. I thought this woud be easy but no.

I have a 2012 225 pro XS with black gear case MN(1226P73ED) SN(1B869055). I assume by the low water ports I must have the Gen 1 torque master but here is where it gets sticky. Looking for a HD Hub Kit is like sifting mud. I pulled the Tempest hub and it was the HD XS style but the part number is a (-C) which is not cross referenced in the compatibility list. I have the 1/25" spline 3/4" thread shaft so which one of the two K06 or Q06 is compatible or is it something else altogether?

Second note: The pulled hub does not appear to be new any longer. The adhesive pads have shifted off center or twisted some. Assuming this is normal considering how they where installed but would like to know if there is a go no go condition to look for. No signs of cracking or damage just shifted pads.

Looking for an education on Merc. gear cases and hubs.
    Last edited by Finlander; 08-13-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

2. Member
    If the snubber strips are still attached, then its good. Put the prop back on.

I have two props and looking to purchase a new one anyway but I was figuring to be still good to go. The strips are still stuck, just shifted to ridge of each recess and this looks expected by design.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor