Thread: Rend Lake

Rend Lake

Anybody been there recently hunting for bass? Wife and I might head there Saturday to fun fish and just wondered if anybody had any luck recently? Will be my first time on the lake.

Thanks!
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

2. Member
    Fishing has been pretty decent from what I have seen. Some pretty big fish being weighed In. I’d try too water early and crank baits on rocks as the sun gets up. If you find the yellows you’ll find the largemouths! Good luck and let us know how you do!

3. Member
    I might be a sub for a tournament this Sunday, but I haven't been there in many moons. It appears to be around 2 feet high, but that's about the only current info I have. In years past, the bite has always been shallow, shallower and shallowest. lol Good Luck!

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    When the water is this warm at Rend, you cannot go shallow enough

Dale Sinclair original

5. Member
    Thanks guys! Not 100% sure if we are going there yet or not. If we do, I'll let you know how it goes!
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

6. Member
    Went to Rend yesterday. Wasnt able to get on the water as early as I would've hoped...think we launched around 8:30. Launched at South Marcum and tried some of the brush piles they have GPS coordinates on the website for. They are there...at least the couple I put the coordinates into the Lowrance for...but I wasnt able to catch anything off of them. Looked like there were some fish on them but might have just been crappie.

Left there and made the run west across the lake to the first big cove north of the dam (forgot the name) and tried a couple spots there...again found another brush pile that looked like it was loaded with fish but couldnt get anything to cooperate.

Then went north to the highway bridge (157 I think?). Fished the pilings on the west side, there were about 4 other boats right there so I didnt get to fish it like I wanted. Ate some lunch, went to the pilings directly to the east. Had that all to ourselves and I got a couple bites on the ned rig but wasnt able to hook up on anything.

Found our way into Gun Creek and the bridge pilings...wife caught our first fish on Rend Lake (I'll never hear the end of it) - about a 4 pound drum. I told her it didnt count because it was a drum haha. Then I caught about a 13" on a plastic worm and one key chain sized on a ned rig. Had a couple other bites but then it was time to head out. Saw A LOT of boats going further up into the gun creek area...didnt see many bass boats around the rest of the lake so I'm guessing that must be one of the better spots.

It was a good day...even better food for dinner at the Jack Russell Fish Company in Benton! Hoping to get to go back again in the fall and try again!
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

7. Member
    Pm sent

8. Member
    Any new reports? Heading down this weekend. Never fished there before.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose 518VX View Post
    It sucks, find somewhere else to fish.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose 518VX View Post
    What are you fishing for(species)?