Thread: Trailer tires

Trailer tires

what size and what brand tires is Bass cat putting off in a factory on tandem-axle cougar trailers I have an 05 and I wonder if 225 75 R15 endurance tires will fit I had 215 70 R15 from the factory thanks
    2005 COUGAR FTD 225 OPTI

2. Member
    8 days later, no reply. My advice, plug the sizes into a Tire size calculator. Google tire size calculator, Discount tire .com has a good one I'm looking at now. Compare the increased overall tire height and width to the amount of space you have in your trailer fender wheel well. I was lucky and I bought the Endurance tires in a stock size and all was fine. BUT years back I noticed my tires were rubbing a bit from standing on the single axle trailer fender, in the center, using the center as a step. Bad idea in my case, always use the front or back "steps as a step". If you have a good amount of space while feeling with your hands, you should be fine. In my case, no way would the extra 1" of height been a good idea, and .5" of width. Keep in mind the tire flex too going over bumps. Good luck.