Thread: Thrift...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    According to the statistics on bassfan

1st. Ott Defoe $362,500
    2nd. Brandon Cobb $255,000
    3rd. Jacob Wheeler $246,100

Thrift is 24th with $99,600 but when you add the 300K he made today that puts him in the #1 spot. I don't know how accurate or up to date the information is but thats whats posted on the bassfan website...http://bassfan.com/rankings_money.asp

What I find odd is Thrift is ranked 9th in the world rankings. I don't look at them often but it seems like it was not that long ago when Wheeler knocked Thrift off for the #1 spot. Now they have Thrift at 9th even though he won a Costa event and finished 6th place in the points on the FLW tour, plus he had several solid finishes. Surely winning the FLW Cup and being the leading $ winner will bump him back up to the top or at least be in the top 3.

http://bassfan.com/rankings.asp#.XVDNuuhKiUk
    Thrift had a really bad Tour event at Seminole earlier this year, only caught 1 fish on day 2, ended his streak of limits and caused him to have a triple digit finish overall.
    If I remember correctly, Bassfan does not consider Costas in their rankings, for some reason.
    Thrift is quite simply the best "junk" fisherman on the planet. 9 out of 10 times, he can make something out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Thrift had a really bad Tour event at Seminole earlier this year, only caught 1 fish on day 2, ended his streak of limits and caused him to have a triple digit finish overall.
    If I remember correctly, Bassfan does not consider Costas in their rankings, for some reason.
    Thrift is quite simply the best "junk" fisherman on the planet. 9 out of 10 times, he can make something out of nothing.
    Even with his 130th place at Seminole he still finished 6th place in points on the FLW Tour...his finishes on FLW Tour this year. 1 (Cup) 3,39,15,7,130,26 and 3. Thats being in the top ten four out of eight times. Fishing in the top ten 50% of the time on Tour level events is pretty strong. Yes he laid a goose egg at Seminole but was that one event really enough to drop him to 9th place in the world rankings when he had such a solid year. I know "if" is a big word but if he had a solid finish at Seminole he could have possibly been hoisting his third AOY trophy along with his Cup trophy. I don't know the criteria of the bassfan world rankings but having Thrift at 9th just seems low. Now that he has won the Cup it will be interesting to see where they place him.

3. Member
    one of the best no doubt, but the year he finally wins is the year a good bit of the field left.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    one of the best no doubt, but the year he finally wins is the year a good bit of the field left.
    He has qualified for the cup every year he has been pro. 13 years. He has finished in the top 10 10 out of those 13 years. I don’t think it was because of weaker competition. That’s like saying dale Earnhardt sucked at Daytona because he only won the 500 one time.
    Last edited by juice780; 08-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.

5. Member
    Besides Morgan who else left that is in the running every year?

He’s one of the best for sure, especially if you’re competing against the worst!

7. Member
    I thought most everyone on BBC only hated the BPT/MLF.
    I was unaware of the FLW and Thrift hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    He’s one of the best for sure, especially if you’re competing against the worst!
    No matter what, you just can’t help it. I think you were born with the pot stirring gene!! lol
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I thought most everyone on BBC only hated the BPT/MLF.
    I was unaware of the FLW and Thrift hate.
    Really!! I still like all 3 tours .....I don't understand the hate....

10. Banned
    yeah......

Really? No matter what there are always people who will find the negative and something to complain about.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    Have you lost your mind? Anybody that thinks Thrift ain’t one of the top pros ever to fish tournaments is crazy, You must live to stir the pot.

13. Banned
    Says no one with any common sense.

14. Member
    man you guys are crazy hating on thrifty like that. that dude can fish anywhere. how many of you guys could weigh in as many limits as he did on the big stage. my guess is 0. he could go to any organization and still be a top dog, that dude is good. it was a very well deserved win for one of the good guys.

15. Banned
    Bassfan isn't counting is Costa money this year. So far he's at $114,725 there alone. So he's over $500k this year.

16. Member
    Thrift is incredible, dominates FLW and the Costas where he competes against the local sticks for that particular lake and destroys them

This is part of the problem with multiple "pro" leagues....the "it's not as good of a field as X".

In time, I think thrift will beat KVDs stats

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    Thrift is incredible, dominates FLW and the Costas where he competes against the local sticks for that particular lake and destroys them

This is part of the problem with multiple "pro" leagues....the "it's not as good of a field as X".

In time, I think thrift will beat KVDs stats
    He doesn't have enough years left to even get close. What's he need 5 more AOYs and like 21 or 22 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    He doesn't have enough years left to even get close. What's he need 5 more AOYs and like 21 or 22 wins?
    The rate he is going he will get those easy. He is not that old. Just depends how long he wants to do it.

19. Member
    Thrift is a great fisherman no matter what circuit he is associated with. Why would he want to leave FLW? He has a great paying job and one of the best work environments.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Go ask any angler on the BPT who they DON'T want to see come fish against them as a competitor on BPT and I'd bet every dollar in my bank account the majority of the field would say Thrift.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast