evinrude h.o 150 losing power

I have a 2010 ranger with a 150 evinrude h.o. 150 MOD. E150DHLSEA SER. 05258659...Im having a problem where when I am on plane occasional the boat engine will lose power almost as if I pulled the throttle back, It dose not happen when im getting on plane or off of plane just randomly in the middle of a run. I am not running anywhere close to red line when it happens only about 4000 RPM's. I just recently bought this boat and it only started happening after the 6th time I have taken it out, my gas tank is not full only about 1/3 full and have plenty of two stroke oil in the boat. It only bogs out for a split second and then jumps right back to where it was.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Maybe a spark plug fouling out/going bad. Could also be an injector, but I’d examine the spark plugs first, if you haven’t replaced them recently. Could also be bad gas.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Mine was doing something similar where it would intermittently just lose power up on plane and get going again. Eventually, mine went into safe mode and stayed there. The Tech found a loose and eventually detached connector on the oil pump, which apparently was not fully locked on from the factory and worked itself completely off over time.

Just some food for thought.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

4. Member
    I would start with the plugs, probably just go ahead and change them, make sure they're gapped right and indexed.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There is a sticky at the top of the page on how to index them get yourself 8 of them.

6. Member
    Thank y’all, I checked my plugs they are fowled pretty bad, I’ll replace those and see if that fixes my problem! Thank y’all again!

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Check Rock Auto you may get a good deal on them.

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I was just checking today....Rock Auto had the best prices I could find.

9. Member
    replaced the plugs, still nothing changed...still runs fine around 3000 rpms or less, im almost 100% sure it has something to do with the fuel either the injectors or fuel pump

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattranger10 View Post
    replaced the plugs, still nothing changed...still runs fine around 3000 rpms or less, im almost 100% sure it has something to do with the fuel either the injectors or fuel pump
    Just an FYI but your motor has very specific plugs it needs to run. They have a very specific torque specification and they must be indexed to a particular position in relation to the injectors. Even though changing your plugs did not resolve your issue I just want to make sure you're aware of what I posted.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Time to take it in to the dealer.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Just an FYI but your motor has very specific plugs it needs to run. They have a very specific torque specification and they must be indexed to a particular position in relation to the injectors. Even though changing your plugs did not resolve your issue I just want to make sure you're aware of what I posted.
    yes I made sure I bought the right plugs, indexed, and gaped them right...next stop will be the dealer, thank you all for your help!