2000 BassCat Jag prop selection

Hey guys i have been looking lately and scrolling through related threads in the props page on BBC as well as looking at what information i can find online regarding the best prop for my setup.

2000 BassCat Jaguar with 250XB running a 26 Fury 3 blade slightly modified my Mark Croxton adding additional vent holes. I am running 70mph fully loaded at 5800rpm in the summer heat. I am slow at it getting on plane in the summer and not terribly concerned about the speed if i were to lose some. I want to jump to a 4 blade with the additional PVS holes to help spin the prop and get on plane faster. From what i have read if I swap my Fury3 out for a Fury4 it would increase my RPMs a little almost like dropping to a Fury3 25p. If I read that correct then I have the next decision between a Bravo 1XS and a Fury4. I read that the Fury is a little stiffer but not sure exactly what would benefit me more right now.

Between the above mentioned props what would you guys think would be a better fit? My main goal is hole shot but dont want to be hitting limiter when running down the lake either.

Board sponsors or best place to buy a prop new in stock?

Thanks

2. Banned
    I have a 98 with a 98 efi 225. I fish at 6500 feet and prop selection was a pain. I started with a fury 25p and it would not plane. So I went to a 22 bravo 1 with all holes open. It jumps on plane and top speed at 5800 is 63 mph. I'm happy with that with the elevation I fish with less oxygen.

Today I fished at 500 feet and put the fury 25p back on. Jumps out of the hole and planes out in 3 seconds. It was 93 out and windy and I hit 68. I'd like to test on a calm day.

I'll keep the fury for lower elevation. But I'm the happiest with the bravo. I get way more lift with it and the boat handles better. Hope this helps some.

Btw full tank of gas, dad is 230lbs and I'm 235.

Your motor is able to turn 6100-6200 and I'd suggest you try a 25P Bravo1XS or Razor4XL.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    I don’t think you will gain any rpms if you swap from a three to four blade in the same pitch. I would think it would be the other way around. I guess it would depend on what slight modifications were made to the Fury 3.

5. Member
    Fury 3 to Fury 4 pitch for pitch