replacement trailer questions

I have a 99 Stratos 201PE and the the trailer may not be "Save-able" what do I need to know if I am looking for a replacement? Do I need to get one that was made specifically for this boat? Can I just take some measurements and find a trailer that fits the bill? If so what would be the measurements that I need? (Length, beam, bunk length???)

First time I have had to do this so I appreciate any and all info!!!

Thanks Woo

2. Banned
    Most important would be proper length(bow roller to end of bunks) width between fenders and load rating you need . More than likely, if/when you find a trailer that is long and wide enough you are going to have to do some adjustments(if possible) or fabricating/moving to the bunks to fit your hull.

Best thing to do is next time you have your boat off your trailer. Get as many measurements as you can and make a drawing of it. Then when you go looking at trailers you'll know what will work. It's really not rocket science, trailer are nothing more than a frame with wheels that you mount bunks on.

I have an old Bass Cat trailer that I keep around for a spare. I've had Nitros Champions, Rangers and several other boats brands on it. Fit them all , not perfect but it worked. Good luck !

3. mikesxpress
    Aftermarket aluminum trailer is a good option. They can be built to match your hull.

https://www.venturetrailers.com/buyi...ose-a-trailer/
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 08-12-2019 at 05:38 AM.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys I will make sure to take measurements this weekend