Vent holes on raker ho.

Has anyone done anything with the vents on there tier props. I have a 2018 z521c. With an evenrude g2. 250. Boat is brand new and came stock wit 4” atlas Hydrolic jack plate and a 14-1/2 x26 raker ho. Just wondering if I should open them up at all. I’m assuming that’s y they have a screw on them

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Most G2 owners run the vent holes wide open. They seem to run a little better that way on some boats. I run mine wide open, but it also ran great 1/2 open.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Got mine set at 1/2. Hardly any difference from 100% open.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I think it’s some of the extremely heavy boats that run better with the Raker HO vents wide open. On medium-sized or medium-light boats, the G2 has such crazy torque that they go like a rocket on any vent setting.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Thanks I’m going to try half open and see what it does. And then fully and see if there’s any difference

6. Member
    half open is going to be fine that propeller is made by solas and the venting is very efficient on them

7. Member
    I run mine half open. But I start with my motor high and run it down to get on pad faster. But I’m in the process of changing out to a 25p 4 blade as most in my area do and have had better success getting on pad and stability at higher speed.

I have the same setup on a 520l and left them all closed as that was how it was from dealer. Boat would not roll over well, and motor would skip pop, and sputter. I switched to a 4 blade 15x25 and because of the bigger hub, totally would not get on plane. Called dealer thinking it was a power pack, or electrical issue, and he said to open vent holes all the way. Problem solved, I was sure it was motor.