Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fishing Plans in NY

Assuming this home quarantine order is still in effect for the next few weeks, are you guys still planning to fish at all even if alone? Anybody worried that the state launches will be roped off soon? I'm hoping to get out alone next week possibly but worried about getting there and not being able to launch. Curious what you guys are thinking.

2. Member
    I am planning to open my camp in the campground in two weeks. It is a self contained unit with no need to visit public restrooms. I can distance myself there as well as I can from home. Emotionally, I need to get away.

We will eat in our place until this crisis ends. Hope to fish but plan not to use ramp restrooms or buy food until this ends. Same as home.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

3. Member
    I have river access. .. and ramp... Remember.. safety distance...1/4 mile boundary

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    All non essential travel banned in NY does not matter if your alone... can't imagine your going to be towing a bass boat to go to the grocery store or hospital or work... Not sure how enforceable ( pulled over) they will be making it, however not supposed to be out traveling about. Towing a bass boat down the road is a big red flag id imagine. Maybe some guys that risk it can tell us how they made out.

5. Member
    My access is right across the street from my house ...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    My access is right across the street from my house ...
    yes your one of the lucky ones..Murph, I however have a min 1 hr 20 min drive to my closest lake..

7. Member
    The state is encouraging fishing as an outdoor exercise and they have no plans as of now to restrict access other than maintaining 6ft distance between people

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...g-stocked.html
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Seeing how that was written and published on the 20th. And this statement issued as of the 22nd...ALBANY - "New York is requiring its residents to stay at home to the maximum extent possible, banning nonessential travel". I wish we had better clarification. Although I consider bass fishing "essential travel" lol im not so sure others such as Mr. Cuomo, and the NYS Police would agree. If someone can get an "official recent" statement to let everyone know here that would be great and appreciated My concern is traveling 1, 2 or 3 hours plus to a lake/river w boat in tow. Not the act if fishing once there obviously. Driving 15 to 20 min down the road with your boat to the "local" lake if lucky enough to be that close im sure you will be fine. Driving about daily they dont know if your going to a store or work but towing a boat 1, 2, or 3 hours down a highway I think says im not abiding by a "non essential travel ban". Throwing a few trout rods in your pickup and winding up at a local lake or stream a tad different". This just sucks all the way around for all of us. If someone can find out an official statement contact me and ill make a special COVID-19 sticky. I will confirm any statement given before making it a sticky obviously. "my brothers uncles, cousin, says its ok......wont hold water. If anyone here is a NYS trooper, or has a friend in NYS government that would be willing to send me a statement or has a number I can contact for an official statement ( without being on hold for several hours) let me know.. so I can make it public on the NYS BBC forum.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-24-2020 at 09:18 AM.

9. Member
    On the 23rd, the state park agency said all state parks are remaining open but places that have a tendency to draw crowds (I.e. playgrounds, athletic courts and sporting fields) are closed to the public but they are also waiving all entry fees into the state parks. I’m not sure if a boat ramp is considered a sporting field but I’m going to be calling delta lake today to get a permit
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    On the 23rd, the state park agency said all state parks are remaining open but places that have a tendency to draw crowds (I.e. playgrounds, athletic courts and sporting fields) are closed to the public but they are also waiving all entry fees into the state parks. I’m not sure if a boat ramp is considered a sporting field but I’m going to be calling delta lake today to get a permit
    I agree my concern is getting there with boat in tow.. im trying to make some calls if i can get an official statement. I called the NYS Police local barracks this morning all they could tell me was " all non essential travel is banned use your judgement , we will be issuing warnings to those WE feel not under compliance" I do know that PA has postponed there opening of trout season to April 18th"
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-24-2020 at 10:24 AM.

11. Member
    Lake was busy this weekend up in Saratoga, not sure now

12. Member

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaile44 View Post
    agreed as stated by our local trooper barracks there is a "non essential travel ban"... not a full blown no travel ban. guess use your jusgement whats essential travel and what is not.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Anyone that is venturing out to a lake w boat in tow, traveling a reasonable distance this weekend let me know how you make out... murph let me know how the rivers fishing and water temps

15. Member
    keep us posted here guys. I was hoping to get up on Oneida over Easter and sleep in my truck for a couple nights.

16. Member
    I'm heading out solo tomorrow with a 1.5 hour drive and will report back. Based on bits of information here and there I think it should be fine, but if they tell me to turn it around I'll deal with it.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    I'm heading out solo tomorrow with a 1.5 hour drive and will report back. Based on bits of information here and there I think it should be fine, but if they tell me to turn it around I'll deal with it.
    let us know!

18. Member
    Fished otsego today, no issues, about a 1hr drive. I have also received several emails from nys parks, and yesterday from dec , which encourages use of the parks and fishing with proper social distancing . Fished alone no problem. Tight lines guys and stay well!

19. Member
    Fishing is fine to do. Ct governor just moved up the fishing dates for trout to spread people out. It’s not Marshall law. Go fishing is just like a walk in the park. No one should have an issue . Eventually it’s gonna cause problems as Cuomo could keep this up for months . There is gonna be some constitutional issues soon. Trump will open up everything before Cuomo does and that will be the real battle. Haven’t heard of anyone getting sick yet personally and haven’t heard of anyone having an issue fishing or going to the grocery store for an essential 6 pack .

20. Member
    I went to Greenwood to fish in Orange County. Went to a marina to launch they surely don't mind taking my 10 bucks. I saw a couple other bass boats on the lake and a few pleasure boaters. I saw similar things written that Cuomo says we should get out and enjoy the outdoors and practice safe distances. Last Sunday, another beautiful day, I took a 30 minute drive to Harriman State Park ( Lake Tiorati) and walk by the lake. Saw many cars doing the same all the parking lots had many cars as well cars parked on the side of the road. Most people walking, hicking and enjoying the nice weather. There were no large groups of people. Glad folks were being smart about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast