Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That’s great for 5!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Yes .. 3 weeks ago Onondaga was weedless..
    I'm not sure what the deal is on onondaga. Could be the weather but I get out there 1-2x per week and the weeds have changed dramatically 2-3x since June. Either big die offs or they're pulling them bc I'll show up one day to topped out grass and mats everywhere and then show up a week later to nothing

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    I'm not sure what the deal is on onondaga. Could be the weather but I get out there 1-2x per week and the weeds have changed dramatically 2-3x since June. Either big die offs or they're pulling them bc I'll show up one day to topped out grass and mats everywhere and then show up a week later to nothing
    im wondering if they are spraying it, to try to prevent the blue green alge outbreak.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Yes .. 3 weeks ago Onondaga was weedless..
    whats going on with it Murph ive asked around everyone has a theory but thats all it is.. I won a tournament on it July 7th was choked w weeds.. go back month later zip for weeds.. very abnormal for this time of year.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    got nothing to do with the spring, milfoil has been vanishing off alot of ny lakes lately in the past few weeks.
    Old thread but just doing some reading while we are all sheltered in place. Same thing has happened to lakes in PA in 2019. Millfoil is just disappearing and we have no idea why. Crazy occurrence for sure and severely disappointing! We even have a new grass that is taking over several PA lakes and choking out the millfoil where it still exists. It grows like a carpet all over lake bottom from 1ft-15ft but only tops out in 1-4ft. From 4ft- 15ft it grows anywhere from 2ft off the bottom out in 15ft water to 3-4ft off the bottom in 6-7ft water. It really hard to fish and snags lures easily. You can't flip or punch it. Only way I can fish it is c-rig out deep(with long leader)and rip my weight free of grass or swim a belly rig swimbait above it. Do you guys up in NY see any grass like that?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    Old thread but just doing some reading while we are all sheltered in place. Same thing has happened to lakes in PA in 2019. Millfoil is just disappearing and we have no idea why. Crazy occurrence for sure and severely disappointing! We even have a new grass that is taking over several PA lakes and choking out the millfoil where it still exists. It grows like a carpet all over lake bottom from 1ft-15ft but only tops out in 1-4ft. From 4ft- 15ft it grows anywhere from 2ft off the bottom out in 15ft water to 3-4ft off the bottom in 6-7ft water. It really hard to fish and snags lures easily. You can't flip or punch it. Only way I can fish it is c-rig out deep(with long leader)and rip my weight free of grass or swim a belly rig swimbait above it. Do you guys up in NY see any grass like that?
    It's hydrilla.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    It's hydrilla.
    That's what everyone is saying but it doesnt look like the hydrilla you see guys fishing down south? Any idea why? Shorter growing season?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12