Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Megalink headcount of owners that have switched to rocker switches? Curious!

Just trying to see how many Champion owners with the megalink harness has had to replace with the new rocker switch harness

2. Member
    So i guess no one has had to switch out wiring harness?

3. Member
    I have seen several posts on this issue and as a result purchased the first used one I could find. Still haven't had to use the second one but carry it in the boat.

4. Member
    My 2007 210 Elite had the newer harness setup when I bought it last year used.

5. Member
    So you bought an extra touch panel? Thats a good idea. Im now in search of one

Quote Originally Posted by 1badz71 View Post
    I have seen several posts on this issue and as a result purchased the first used one I could find. Still haven't had to use the second one but carry it in the boat.

6. Member
    Well I haven't had trouble with mine YET. That said my boat has been sitting in the garage since Oct.2018 waiting on a repower. I'm kind of freaked that when I finally get going there's gonna be problems with the megalink system. I hope not. I have a spare but we'll just have to see. I will keep this boat so I imagine rocker switches and new wiring harness is in the future. Not looking forward to that day.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    ... I will keep this boat so I imagine rocker switches and new wiring harness is in the future. Not looking forward to that day.
    Unless a kit can be found at one of the larger former Champion dealers, it appears there are no more. C&O doesn't have any and can't get them from Fishing Holdings, who was their source and also have none. I'm still trying to gather parts and pieces to put a kit together. If anyone has a harness they haven't installed yet, I'd love to get the opportunity to draft a schematic of it.

8. Member
    I’m pretty sure both tactical bass 210 Champs have been rewired. When I bought my 198 I only looked at boats without megalink.

9. Member
    Can a wire harness builder look at the schematic of the digital megalink and make an analog replacement harness? I called La Cro left message and no reply. Also called Mar-lan industries and no reply. I will keep looking and digging. Appreciate everybody's help with this issue.

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    I’m pretty sure both tactical bass 210 Champs have been rewired. When I bought my 198 I only looked at boats without megalink.
    I've communicated with Matt with Tactical Bassin regarding his. I wasn't aware both had been converted. He was able to acquire a harness. He had the panels made and he or someone wired it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger rage View Post
    Can a wire harness builder look at the schematic of the digital megalink and make an analog replacement harness?
    Possibly ... but the only reason to reference the MegaLink schematic would be to see what needed to be controlled. But then the console switch panel will tell you what all needs to be controlled. MegaLink controls everything from the controller in the battery compartment. The cable that runs to the keypad and the bow panel has only 6 wires. So wiring to all the pumps, lights, etc run from there. The rocker version controls everything from the console and the bow for those few functions. So it is easy to see that the digital MegaLink and the analog rocker system harnesses are very different. It would probably be just as easy to take a schematic from say a 203 or early 206 and use that as a pattern, adding the extras that the 200/210 have over it. There are also breakers to be considered for the rocker version which are integrated in the MegaLink controller.

Who are La Cro and Mar-lan?

I found Mar-Lan Industries in Irving. About 175mi east of me. Found La Cro products too.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 08-22-2019 at 10:43 PM.

11. Member
    I hope I don't have to have the changeover done to my boat. Time will tell. As far as I can tell ( which really isn't that far ) I can't see how this rewiring could be that complicated. I understand actually doing it is probably a royal PITA but determining what needs to be done can't be that complicated can it ? Seems like making sure adequate breakers are implemented and running wires to the console, same for the bow, to a master cutoff and then to the rockers is basically the job. I'm sure it's not that easy but I have more than once contemplated whether or not I could actually do this myself. It would save a whole bunch of moolah.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I think anyone with a bit of mechanical aptitude and some basic electronic knowledge could install the kit. It requires removing the old harness and pulling the new one in, then making all the connections in the bilge, under the console, at the bow and to the fuel sender. Fiberglass has to be cut to enlarge the hole for the bow panel, for the main switch panel and a hole cut for the breaker panel. I read somewhere that it could be done in about 4hrs, but I'm sure that is for someone that has already done one or two.

I'm saying this not having done one yet ... I've also got almost 50yrs in electronics on my side.

13. Member
    Well Reggie my electronics talent is for the most part comprised of the smoke test. LOL. It wouldn't be the first time I've jumped in before I knew how deep the water was. Hope my Megalink hangs in there for a while.
    GETFISHED !!!

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Does anyone have an couple of good images of the Mega Link panel, with labeling clearly showing, we will see if we can be of service.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Does anyone have an couple of good images of the Mega Link panel, with labeling clearly showing, we will see if we can be of

service.
    Are you speaking of the Megalink itself located on the starboard side in the bilge or the touchpanel in the operator console area ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Guys its fairly easy to rewire a boat. I've done several including my latest a 2003, 206. I used a Basscat touch pad, super easy.

18. Member

Is this what you're looking for?

IMG_1103 - SM.jpg

Soft touch panel for the Megalink. 2007 Champion 210.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    IF needed i can pull soft touch pad out and take picture of backside as well with connector. Let me know. Thanks again to Bass Cat Boats for helping.

20. Member
    What other info do you need?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast