Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Had my Megalink system replaced with the analog kit two years ago, couldn't be happier. D&R Marine in Kalamazoo Mi. did the work.

2. Member
    what was the cost? Were you having issue before the swap?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel'n View Post
    what was the cost? Were you having issue before the swap?
    The kit cost $1100.00. Marina charged me $1200.00 to install( and that was at reduced winter rates). The Megalink panel mounted in the battery compartment does not like moisture. If I was fishing in the rain or backwash came over the back of the boat, the panel would do all kinds of crazy things. I could always reset my panel by unscrewing it and disconnecting the power, then plugging it back in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Does anyone have an couple of good images of the Mega Link panel, with labeling clearly showing, we will see if we can be of service.

any update on this? Id be in for a replacement (Spare). And im sure many others would as well!

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    MegaLink is gone, so there is no direct replacement solution.

6. Member
    Im referring to Basscat saying they may be able to help us with the panel

7. Member
    I have one in my 07' 200. My power light is beginning to stay on if I don't reset it by disconnecting the battery when it gets wet. I would be more than happy to send pics of all of it to someone that is putting a kit together. I feel like I am about to fight this battle as well.

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel'n View Post
    Im referring to Basscat saying they may be able to help us with the panel
    Bass Cat has pix of the panel so they know what functions are needed, but I think a solution from them would have to replace the entire MegaLink system similar to the rocker switch conversion. That would require replacing the boat harness.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1.0 View Post
    I have one in my 07' 200. My power light is beginning to stay on if I don't reset it by disconnecting the battery when it gets wet. I would be more than happy to send pics of all of it to someone that is putting a kit together. I feel like I am about to fight this battle as well.
    Yes sir, I'm afraid you could be right. Mine did that on occasion as well, but the A1 button on the bow stayed lit all the time. I couldn't do anything to reset it until it failed and everything went dark.

9. Member
    My bow trim up button went out about 4 months ago....It was just a matter of time, from what all I have read....All other functions have been working just fine.. I searched everywhere for 12 months and could not find a spare mega link.....I did order the rocker switch conversion kit from C&O marine and have it sitting and ready to go when and if the mega link does go out.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionDon View Post
    My bow trim up button went out about 4 months ago....It was just a matter of time, from what all I have read....All other functions have been working just fine.. I searched everywhere for 12 months and could not find a spare mega link....
    I noticed on mine the last time it worked that when I launched in the dark that some of the buttons at the console were flickering. It was so fast that you couldn't see it once the sun came up. Next time I tried to power up, it was dead. I had a spare and put it on. Everything seemed to work just fine, then when I got to the lake, it was dead. Wasn't a happy camper.

11. Member
    I was having problems with my lights not working correctly, The power button would not shut off, or would have a hard time powering on ( had to push the button several times to get it to power on) would be on the water and she would just power off, etc.
    I found a replacement megalink that also came with new soft touch panels a couple of years ago. replaced the soft touch panels and everything has worked just fine since. I still have the extra megalink as a spare.
    We will probably all have to make the transition to rockers eventually. It would be nice if somebody would produce a kit again, I know I would buy one and be done with it.

We pressed this one on through the system builder and hit a road block. We will be happy to provide our A10 Touch Pad as TotalBeverage pointed out. He’s been doing restoration for over a decade.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Rick, is what you see on your site all there is to the A10? Is it self contained or is there a controller for it? And is there a bow panel? Circuit protection? With the Champion conversion kit, we have a breaker panel to install. On the Megalink, circuit protection was a function of the controller.

Those parts we buy have internal thermal breakers. The components are internal and on two PC boards. There are no outside controllers or ribbon driven switches on this unit.

We use Rockers on the bow panels.

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like that could be adapted to work without a lot of effort. There would still have to be a wiring harness of sorts from the panel to the pumps, lights, etc. It would definitely be a solution.

16. Member
    Im 100% sure Tims boat had the original pads and megalink when he bought it because Im the guy that sold it to him. I had a extra mega link that I gave him. When I purchased extra megalink I assumed it fit all 210s but from what Tim has told me one of his buddies needed one and the harness was different so im not sure if it will work on Tims boat or not. He might sell it if someone needs it.

From our understanding there were different versions and software.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    From our understanding there were different versions and software.
    Oh great news, NOT ! I suppose the extra megalink I have probably won't work then. That would be consistent with my luck.
    GETFISHED !!!

Maybe your lucky?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12