Livescope LV32 Question?

I am going to apologize right up front, about asking this questions, I have read, and am confused enough to have to ask this publicly, I know you guy have probably answered it 1000 times, but I'm not sure of the right "keywords" to search it correctly. Believe me I've tried but it's just making it harder.

So here goes...

I'm a Lowrance user... I know first strike.... LOL

Anyhow, I'm committed to purchasing and installing or having installed a 12" Livescope LV32 setup in the front of my Phoenix 921PHX, I already have a Lowrance 12 Carbon, and it's flush mounted from the factory, I'm going to bracket mount the Garmin setup with a aftermarket bracket. Trolling motor is a Ultrex 52".

I am only going to use the unit for Livescope, whole screen, I don't want touch unless it's the best options for screen resolution.

The million dollar question is what Garmin head unit to pair with the LV32? Non touch or touch if the higher resolution is needed. Budget is not a 100% factor, but clarity and easy of use it a much more important requirement.

Any and all suggestions are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. I'm very grateful for any help offered.

We live in Phoenix, so mail order or online is more than likely going to me my way to purchase.

Thanks Again!

Rob

2. Member
    Non touch I'd go with the Echomap Ultra 126 or if you want the best of the best, I'd go with an 8612. Both of these units will give you the best resolution and they are easy to see in direct sunlight. I have the 8612 series and love them. I was worried about them being all touch, but after a few times on the water, they just plain work and I really, really like them. These are suggestions for a 12" unit which I think is perfect for Livescope. It's changed the way and where I fish altogether.

What Super 91 said. If you can afford the 8612 that’s the one to get. I was in the same situation you’re in. Finally decided to go all in with the 8612. All I can say one awesome unit. No regrets at all.

4. Member
    I find touch easier to use than non-touch, but that's just me. The Ultra 126 is touch. It has what they call touch assist which adds the 4 favorite keys to give you instant access to favorite screens.

There's a lot of opinions on resolution. For some people a small difference in resolution is monumental in their preference. I used to be that way. Way back when Hbird hit the scene with 640 vertical pixels I had to have it. It's a different world now. The resolution on current models is not an issue. My suggestion would be to forget about resolution to put your money on screen size. Here's why. Unless you are fishing for stationary fish this LiveScope game is a very fast paced game. It starts with recognizing the fish on screen, noting their distance and depth and casting to them. A small screen limits the range setting. The range and depth settings determine how large the return for the fish is. Tiny returns mean I might not even see them, just like extended range settings for side imaging. That's why I don't recommend any 7 inch screen for LiveScope. It's not that it can't be used but you are very limited on range. On a 9 inch screen I usually set the range to 70 ft. On my 1242 I can see well out to 100. On my 8616 I can easily see out to 120 ft, maybe more, and the fish returns for a single fish are still big enough to catch my eye.

Clearly the bang for the buck goes to the Ultra 126sv. The resolution on it is the same as my 1242 and same as your Carbon 12. The 8612 would be a step up.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Exactly what LW said.

Man, I wish he wasn't in North Carolina.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

6. Member
    Thanks everyone that responded, this gives me some very helpful information to get started with.

Regards
    Rob