Question What is this Garmin part?

20190810_113050.jpg

This was in package with my new finder? Nothing about it in directions.
    It is a coupler of some sort with red o ring.

2. Member
    It goes on one of the connections that plug in then you can twist it tight also seals out moisture with o ring. You put on cable end and squeeze together.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

3. Member
    Which cable does it fit? It looks like maybe the sonar transducer cable but not sure. Other connections look to big. Is this needed? More info please!

4. Member
    Only needed if your using the network cable (looks like land line phone cable). Usually for panoptix/livescope or networking multiple units

5. Member
    This allows you to cut the solid ring off the transducer cord and pass it through a smaller hole then put this part on. Hope this makes sense.

6. Member
    Yes it is an "extra" locking ring for a connector, and the o-ring that goes with it. Save it; I always write on the bag with a sharpie what it is, 'cause I fergit stuff.

7. Member
    Not a fan of the split rings but understand why they make them. Have a couple solid ones and they thread on much better/easier. Going to try replacing a couple of my split ends with the network cable repair ends instead. Hopefully I dont regret that.