Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    In version 1.90, HB confirmed that the digital heading does not display. You still see a heading line projection on the map display but no numeric heading displayed.
    OK, just checked a current updated first generation Helix 12 and a current updated third generation Helix 12 and no heading number is displayed on either one. Yes both showed the heading line.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Would that be same issue with using the TM heading sensor? If so, that would explain why I've had a problem getting a heading readout...LOL I had updated to 1.9 initially and then back to 1.64. Recently updated once more to 1.9 and noticed last couple of trips a problem with heading readout but didn't spend a lot of time on it.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Would that be same issue with using the TM heading sensor? If so, that would explain why I've had a problem getting a heading readout...LOL I had updated to 1.9 initially and then back to 1.64. Recently updated once more to 1.9 and noticed last couple of trips a problem with heading readout but didn't spend a lot of time on it.
    Probably so, have not checked that since the position icon and heading line works.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Hate to tag such an old post but after just buying an AS GPS HS for my gen1 helix I noticed the same thing with readout. I checked my area with compass and just taped the puck down to go check the COG vs HEADING values before I permanently mounted it went to the lake and had no readout. Called HB and they went through a few settings with me to make sure it was reading the external puck and all. She said it should work but of course it doesn’t. The compass is working because I can pick the puck up and rotate it and watch the heading line move. My question is how is the best way to “Calibrate” and make sure it has no interference without having the digital readout as suggested in the manual.

5. Member
    In a map view compare the course and heading lines at speed. They should overlap if no error.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

6. Member
    So since I haven’t permanently mounted the puck yet should I turn it until the both of them overlap and mount it? Is that what the heading offset setting changes?

7. Member
    I wouldn't permanently mount it until you've tested it a couple of times including offset to make sure. Five degrees difference as mentioned in the instructions is not a lot of difference between the two lines. It is also better to do it in ideal conditions with little or no wind and waves.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12