Trailer hub want take grease

I just replaced one of my hubs on my trailer because the rear seal had started to leak a little oil. When I took the old hub off the wear ring had a little wear in it so I replaced it also. I put everything back together and start to add grease and none will go in. The wear rings that come from the factory have a hole in them that aligns with hole in the axle where the grease comes out but the ones I order from eastern marine don’t have that hole. I’ve replaced them on other hubs with no issues. Anybody got any ideas?

I thought I might have pecked it on to tight or something was wrong with the ring. So I cut that one off and installed another one which was the last one I have in my spare parts and the same thing won’t allow any grease to come out.

3. Member
    If yours is a Vault System. The hole thru the axle shouldn't be under the bearing race. If I remember mine was just to the inside of the inside bearing. Screw a zerk fitting into the end of the axle and pump it thoroughly, it may be stopped up somehow. The grease should come out easily over the outside bearing.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Yeah it’s under the wear ring. Mines not stopped up I’ve pumped grease into it before installing wear ring and it comes out easily. I think the problem is I got the wear rings that’s listed in the sticky on trailer parts and you actually need one that has a lube hole. I order a couple threw trailerandtruckparts.com I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

I put the wear ring on it with the lube hole and it fixed it grease goes right in.