SHO engine monitor?

Hey all I am new the Yamaha world, I will be purchasing a new 250SHO here shortly. My question is what displays are everyone using to get information from their motors? I am currently swapping my old lowrance for new GN3 helix but I understand they are a pain to connect the Yamaha to. I also have a raymarine Axiom, has anyone connected to one? Raymarine says it supports command link but I don’t know if the SHO is compatible.
    I am mainly looking for engine hours, fuel economy, fuel used, water pressure and a more accurate rpm reading.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    jake
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

2. Member
    Is the GN3 NMEA 2000 compatible? If so, it should be a piece of cake to connect to the motor so as to get data on the display.

3. Member
    I've got g2n's and have rpm, oil pressure, engine temp, fuel rate, trim angle and hours just from the interface cable. Added the Yamaha wp sensor so I have that too. I don't believe fuel used is an option

4. Member
    I purchased a used 5" Simrad Go5 XSE for engine data with my SHO. I also picked up the lowrance NMEA2000 Fuel Data Logger. The setup works flawless for engine monitoring with very accurate fuel monitoring. I only wish I had the 7" unit as I have been using the 5" unit for Navigation lately. This option was cheaper than buying all the NMEA2000 Humminbird specific parts. Frees up the Helix screen also.

5. Member
    I used Yamaha gauges, pulls straight from the ECU.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    I have Non nmea2k bird electronics and analog gauges. I pulled the analog tach and put a lms400 in its place. Reads all the engine data and leaves the units dedicated to map/sonar. Was the simplistic fix for my situation.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I've got g2n's and have rpm, oil pressure, engine temp, fuel rate, trim angle and hours just from the interface cable. Added the Yamaha wp sensor so I have that too. I don't believe fuel used is an option
    would you please elaborate on the interface cable? Manufacturer and part number. Thanks!

8. Member
    I purchased a used Simrad Go5xse and connected with lowrance nmea2000 yamaha interface cable. I also purchased the lowrance nmea2000 fuel data logger to record fuel used. This setup in my view is cheapest option. You get a 5" touch screen data monitor along with full mapping and sonar functionality. I actually use the 5" unit on my small boat when needed. This will also free up the screen of your main unit. Just my take.

9. Member
    Best of both worlds.
    Yamaha 6YC multi display along with the NMEA connected to a graph.

6YC provides fuel usage, MPG, etc. but most other items are displayed as bars instead of numbers. RPM is only 2 digits.
    Not sure if any of the graphs provide fuel information.

6YC also provides engine faults, maintenance, logs, etc.

Yamaha's Marine Rigging Catalog.
    https://online.flowpaper.com/7c250766/2019MRP/#page=4