Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Disgrutled employee

Had a first today. We had an employee of four years decide to text his supervisor last night. He went well over the line on multiple occasions. Literally paragraphs of content over many hours. This morning he arrives like nothing happened. His supervisor who has been an employee of mine for 20 years, told him he was done (fired) and to hand over the key's etc. Well this did not go over well. He lost his chit but eventually left. Throughout the day he called employees and texted ownership an management with terrible comments, lies and threats. We called the police for advice and put a plan in place. The dumb ass decided to come by our facility late in the day to confront someone. Cops called and arrived quickly but couldn't arrest him because he had not committed a crime. I was advised to file an anti harassment order so in the event he comes back they can arrest him. I feel like we have a real issue with our system. The cops admit he will likely come back. Calling them might be too late before something bad happens. I know it's not the cops fault as they can only do what the law allows. I am afraid it will be too late if he were to show up again. There needs to be a way to stop this before there is a tragedy. Crazy time's we live in.

2. Member
    Crazy times indeed. I am not sure why he couldn’t be charged with trespassing??? Maybe someone can answer.
    Praying for a Cure

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Crazy times indeed. I am not sure why he couldn’t be charged with trespassing??? Maybe someone can answer.
    He parked on the street right outside an employee entrance.

4. Member
    If it's a business open to the public (?) it wouldn't be trespassing, unless you file and get a protective order against him. Just a guess. I hope he doesn't come back and everyone moves on.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca_Veloce View Post
    He parked on the street right outside an employee entrance.
    I hope he stays away. Stay safe and have supervisors remain vigilant about safety and who is coming and going.
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by Barca_Veloce View Post
    There needs to be a way to stop this before there is a tragedy.
    Good guys better or equally equipped than the bad guys not having to wait for the police to get there. For example... Imagine if this lady was willing and able to protect herself?

Last edited by KellyJoe; 08-10-2019 at 12:46 AM.

7. Loser
    If threats were made than an EPO could be issued, then he would be arrested for coming within a certain distance.
    Maybe someone could wear a bullet proof tatictal vest and an AR type rifle slung on them with some ammo. Maybe others will feel a sense of protection and not be scared. It would be legal and your right if in an open carry state.
    Last edited by mwill29; 08-10-2019 at 01:06 AM.
    "There is nothing more free, than one who has nothing to lose"

8. Member
    Sorry to hear this.

Hopefully things settle down and everyone stays safe.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

10. Banned
    BBC rules. Kick his #ss!

11. Member
    Unfortunately this goes on everyday. If someone pops off you better be able to protect yourself. Its not a matter of who's right its who's left.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    Good guys better or equally equipped than the bad guys not having to wait for the police to get there. For example... Imagine if this lady was willing and able to protect herself?
    Gun free work zones

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mwill29 View Post
    Maybe someone could wear a bullet proof tatictal vest and an AR type rifle slung on them with some ammo. Maybe others will feel a sense of protection and not be scared.

And what happens if the cops that were called initially decide to do a "Welfare Check" on their next shift, which a good Beat cop would do? They drive by and see 'Dave the I.T. guy' decked out like He is in Riyadh? Not to mention any would-be customers if indeed 'Open to the public'

14. Member
    Lew!!! For God's sake don't be using sensible thoughts when it comes to arming yourself!
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob20 View Post
    Lew!!! For God's sake don't be using sensible thoughts when it comes to arming yourself!

Sorry Bob... Perhaps we can get a jailhouse interview with this brain donor from Missouri, who knows there 'may' be more liberal folks in Wa.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/us/wa...uri/index.html

16. T Dub
    Text messages have given lots of cowards a little bravery

17. Member
    You might consider hiring a security guard for a week or so. My understanding in Oklahoma, a business can tell anyone that they aren't welcome then trespassing can be charged. I would have a sidearm till it is resolved for sure.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

How sure are you the guy fired didn't have some valid grips? Maybe get everyone together and sing Kumbaya, I hear that cures everything.

Being your in Seattle, WA, are you folks even allowed (by Law) to protect your selves?
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

After I retired one of the dock workers was 30 minutes late to work. The boss had wanted to talk to him about something as soon as he clocked in but he didn’t show up for work. An hour after starting time the boss was on the docks and spots him going about his work. When confronted he said he was there on time and must have “forgotten” to clock in . The boss reviews the cams videos ( cameras covered every square inch of a city block except the restrooms) The boss called the union, his B.A shows up reviews the tape that shows him arriving 30 min. Late. They confront him, he lies and says he was on time. He gets fired. He is ban from the property, but he starts showing up where ever the boss happens to be — restaurants, theaters, kids ball games, asking for his job back. A protection order is issued and that ended the problem.

Instead of a 10 day suspension his stupidity cost him a good job with excellent benefits. Fortunately for him he had his time in and still got his pension, but was10 years away from Medicare or SS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast