Travel trailer cover

Anyone use a cloth type cover on your camper? thank it helps or just to much trouble putting on and taking off?

2. Member
    I use one on my truck camper. While it doesn’t do much for heat, it definitely offers UV protection. Their not overly difficult to put on and remove. Many have zipper panels to access the door so you can still get in and do whatever you need.

3. Banned
    Tried one a few years so when I lived in Kansas on my 37' Cardinal 5th.I did not like it ,but many people do and like it. Kansas is windy and that's what the problem was with me.Also did not have enough storage for it when not using.

4. Member
    Waste of money. They won't last. I bought one with a really good warranty and it lasted less than one year and was ripped in two spots. I could have sent it back and I bet they would have replaced it but why would I want another one if it won't even last a year? The sun and weather will take a toll on them in a hurry. Now mine was sitting right in the direct sun most of the day because I don't really have good shade in my back yard but I wouldn't do it again. I'm biting the bullet and having a second shop built this fall that is big enough to house my boat and camper. I would suggest some sort of shed or building, plus the covers are a PITA to take on and off.

5. Member
    I had one for my camper. Over a three year period it did wear through at some high points but still provided good protection from the sun. My camper body was 32' long and it was a pain in the butt to install and remove (don't try it if it's windy!!). If you can, I would install a carport type shed with good coverage on the sides.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    I concur with Bass Junkie.

I agree. I had one on my Ameri lite 255BH. It didn't last long, just one season. I got my best results with a "heavy duty" tarp from Wal mart, 16x30 size. Zig-zag rope through the grommets. It covered the upper 3/4 of the camper. Actually helped deter a break in at the storage facility where I keep it. Video shows the would be thieves looking at my trailer then deciding to hit the next trailer that was uncovered. The owner of the facility said the thief grabbed the rope, then looked how it was secured and moved on...…
    I keep it stored indoors now.

8. Member
    I have a Adco on my 5th wheel and it's been fine. It does take about 45 minutes for me to put it on by myself but I think the protection it offers during the winter months is worth it.
    They are made of Tyvek so you have to be careful around sharp edges but if it was canvas it would weigh 200 lbs. It has a 3 year warranty.