Thread: Warranty?

Warranty?

Hey all

Lets start this discussion,
    Section 4 of the Tracker Warranty states that modifications void warranty of the boat. So I called for clarification; white lake marine says that hanging anything on the boat that is not able to be ordered from the factory, not the dealership, will be considered a modification.

The reason I brought this up, I want a jackplate. However if this is the case, I will not be installing one. So heres my dilemma

I also want Talons, but if you read the fine print on your mercury warranty, SANDWHICH brackets void your warranty, whether they are for poles or talons. They must be mounted to a jackplate. HOWEVER you are able to order a 195txw from Tracker with Power Poles, with sandwich brackets. So from the sounds of it,

Poles are OK by Whitelake Marine (Trackers parent company for those who dont know) but they void mercury warranty if not bolted to the transom, which is not how they come from the factory. Talons are simply a void your warranty kinda deal, whether theyre on the a jackplate or not...

See where I'm going here?

If you have talons or poles or jackplates, either your engine warranty or your hull warranty is void. I don't care if bps installed, or Joe schmoes tracker dealer wherever you are installed them, if theres an issue Id fully expect that the dealer or BPS would be the one having to go good for them.

What I'm asking is, has anyone had legit issues with the installs and got warranty without a fight?

2. Member

3. Member
    It doesn't seem to read the the entire warranty is invalidated by an aftermarket part or mod. They certainly have the right to deny transom damage if you installed poles using a method other than what Tracker recommends. That being said, I believe Mercury's warranty would be easier to work with than Trackers.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

4. Member
    Recently purchased 195 tournament. When ordering from factory, I had option of having Power Pole bracket installed. BPS sales manager indicated that it would come on from the factory. $145. At time I declined. Fast forward 2 months,I just ordered my powerpole and bracket from BPS. I asked about it voiding the warranty on boat or motor, they said no. I guess I'd better get it in writing before they install. Makes no sense that Tracker would install bracket at the factory before a customer takes ownership of it, if it knowingly voided either warranty?
    Hope there is some other info out there. Thanks for starting the thread.

5. Member
    Power Pole got with tracker and together they made a power pole mount that will not void your Warranty. they even sell them and Bass Pro shops now. just google power pole brackets for tracker
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

6. Member
    Jp- I didn't understand it either, however direct from the horses mouth was that any item not installed from the factory voids the warranty for that component.

As for the bracket from bps, looks like a drill through bracket, not punching holes in a already known to fail component. And to me those are absolutely a modification, and being not installed at the factory will definitely void warranty. Thats my opinion anywsy