Thread: ZX 190 PTP

ZX 190 PTP

Been reading on here about prop to pad heights. I have a 2008 ZX 190 with a 175 HPDI, that was at 4" PTP. I just raised it last night to 3.5" PTP.

The boat never ran bad IMHO, but below 30 mph it would start to do the bow slap. So, hopefully, this will help that out without hurting how it runs in rough water. Will check it out this weekend when I can get to the lake.

2. Member
    Should be able to go higher than that. Run it and find out, but I run an 08 ZX200 with a 200 HPDI at 2.25" with a 25 Tempest and 2.75" with a 25 T1. I'm currently testing a 23 Scorpion and at 2.5", I can't turn it enough RPM. Going to raise it 1/4" next time out and see how it goes. Lift on the Scorpion is better than both of my other props.

Well, I finally ran the boat yesterday. Can't say I noticed much if any change in speed. Not sure if I was supposed to. The boat seems to run higher in the water, but that could just be my imagination. I guess, I'm not sure what to expect by raising it.

4. Member
    I've tried my ptp all over the place with 5 different props. Not much difference. I bought a bailey's fin for it and the low speed plane is a lot better. I can run 24 mph or so. Just barely bump the trim at 30.
    Nick McDaniel