D&M Custom Baits Piranha Swim Jig?

For those that have bought and use the new version of these; are you using the original skirt?
    I like the skirt. The way it is made; it covers up the trailer keeper and there is no way to secure a trailer.
    I know the skirt is made with the long tails to be used in place of a trailer.
    Do you replace the skirt; if not; how are you securing a trailer if you are using one?
    Thanks

I've bought them to stick blades on, they work well for that. I've just not used a trailer with that style skirt, or have trimmed the skirt otherwise.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I've bought them to stick blades on, they work well for that. I've just not used a trailer with that style skirt, or have trimmed the skirt otherwise.
    I bought them to put blades on also. I bought some of the original ones with the blades; but they had a different skirt. The new skirt is nice; but the collar is wider and covers up the keeper. I may try a split tail trailer if I trim the skirt. It may stay in place.

4. Member
    I personally trim the longer portion of the skirt down to the same length as the main part of the skirt. 90% percent of the time I use a zoom fluke and put a drop of glue around the head of the fluke to help hold it up. One fluke will last a whole day of fishing, sometimes even multiple days. The only time I dont use a fluke is when I throw black and blue and in that situation I use a black and blue strike king rage craw. Its mind blowing how many fish ive caught on that setup. In my opinion the D&M head with the D&M blade is the best bladed swim jig available. I just hope the new owners dont make any changes.
    2009 Stratos 294 XLE / 2009 200 ETEC H.O.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbass87 View Post
    I personally trim the longer portion of the skirt down to the same length as the main part of the skirt. 90% percent of the time I use a zoom fluke and put a drop of glue around the head of the fluke to help hold it up. One fluke will last a whole day of fishing, sometimes even multiple days. The only time I dont use a fluke is when I throw black and blue and in that situation I use a black and blue strike king rage craw. Its mind blowing how many fish ive caught on that setup. In my opinion the D&M head with the D&M blade is the best bladed swim jig available. I just hope the new owners dont make any changes.
    I thought so to until i threw the jackhammer