Banned

Pinston reservoir

Moved to center Texas for a while, I was fishing Toledo bend off of 139 but the draw down has brought the lake way down in that area. With limited time to fish in the afternoon that was my go to spot to catch. Now that's it is low I was thinking about pinston. Anything positive about this lake? Before i go is there anything i need to know? Private or hp restrictions?? Thanks

2. Member
    I have fished there several times and there are two boat ramps. The lake is not marked so you have to really know where it is and it is full of stumps in certain areas. I like fishing there and have caught nice fish. It is a slot limit lake and you can find all that information on the internet. Both roads to the lake are dirt and if it is raining it can be messy. The best ramp is on the levee road and the closet ramp is not that good. When I fished there I used my aluminum boat but you can use a bass boat but the stumps in certain areas are really bad. The only restrictions are the slot limits and there are no hp restrictions that I know of. To let you know if you go to the stumpy areas I had a lot of trouble getting my aluminum boat off the stumps so if you have a large bass boat it might not be good. Most of the stumpy areas are near what I call the make shift boat ramp and not on the levee road boat ramp.

3. Member
    I fished it yesterday, first time...cant use your big motor much as there are stumps everywhere and i didnt know the channel. Supposed to be a lot of schooling activity...but i didnt see very much. disapointing day. Its got lots of grass, so i bet it is good fishing in fall and spring...the ramp by the levee is not marked and is pretty shallow. i wouldnt launch my basscat there without 4wd...best of luck. ben

4. Banned
    I have been a few times since I have made this post.
    Caught a few each time..some really nice ones. I have seen some schooling activity while i have been there but they are not active for more that 20 seconds. If you aren't in the reach of a cast and have to troll there, younwill.miss some.good bites.

All little lakes have + & -.
    Example: I got an 8.25LB the week a 9, 10, 12 & 14 were reported to have been caught on Raven.
    It's FISHING!! Some days it's chicken, some days it's feathers...

Get over it & keep trying!!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/