Garmin Power Question

Posting this Question for a friend of mine.
    Garmin Live vu owners

I got my unit in December and had no issues performance wise other than the twist lock collar breaking on the live vu module for which garmin did a warranty replacement. Now that it’s on the boat the display unit shows no transducer detected. I spoke with Garmin and they tell me they’ve had lots of calls about this problem and it’s because the live vu module is in their words a power hungry monster. The garmin monitor & live vu module are wired to my 2 cranking batteries which are wired in parallel which doubles the capacity. These 2 batteries power my 2 outboards, audio player, 2 sonar units & my garmin echomaster & live vu. I’d really prefer to not power it from a single power source which would probably mean purchasing another battery. Have any live vu owners experienced this and if so how did you correct it? If anyone has thoughts or suggestions as to a remedy please share. Many many thanks.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

2. Member
    live vu is livescope you mean?
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

3. Member
    Well I doubt it’s a power problem if the batteries are good.

Ive got two GpsMap , Livescope,ps 30 and one motor running off one battery and no problems.
    Check your connections I would think. If it is on a switch check by hard wiring around.

When I drop my Tm and then plug in the power for the Livescope I get a no transducer message but it soon recognizes it.

I use plugs instead of switches.

I too have this and I believe it is a power problem. But I think the low power is possibly from one of their connectors. Possibly corrosion. I cleaned all my connectors (including the cradle) and used dielectric grease. Still happens randomly.

Thanks for the replies guys. This unit was installed on my friends brand new boat which he picked up in late spring. So batteries are brand new so that shouldn't be an issue as to corrosion that also shouldn't be an issue to an extent that he has only had the boat out about three times since picking up the boat and has been completely tarped when not in use. Still will pass on the possible solutions to help address his issues.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250