Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which new Bullet is the fastest?

My mind is wondering what it would be like to try a Bullet. My wife and I took a test ride in one in 1991. The guy doing the demo scared the Holy shit out of my wife and for that matter me too. As I got in the boat from backing them in the water he hammered down without the kill switch hooked up and no life jackets. It ran like a striped ape but pissed me off so bad left that test ride and went straight to the Ranger dealer and bought a 361. Anyway, just thinking and don’t know Bullets enough to know which one I’d want. Thanks for any input.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

2. Member
    To each is own, but I wouldn't have bought a Ranger, an XRS would probably fit you if you want fish ability, a 20'er would be faster, but a 21RDC will ride better, Bullet makes different models to give you a choice of flat out speed to total fish ability, I have a 21RDC with a 300XS love it, great ride, great to fish out of, and FAST!!

3. Member
    21SST Is the boat for a speed guy that likes to fish imo.

4. Member
    A 20CC or 20XRD is still going to be the fastest boat they make. The 21SS or SST is slower but the layout is better for fishing and rigging the boat with the larger rear compartments. A 21X boat is next in speed followed by the 21XRS. The 21X boats are faster than the XRS becasue of weight and the seats being farther forward in the XRS which changes the balance. I have wondered if moving the pad forward on the XRS like they did with the 21SS would help the balance and pick the speed back up some.

5. Member
    I love my SST. But still miss my 20XD it was faster and the front deck fished a little differently than the SST does.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    I love my SST. But still miss my 20XD it was faster and the front deck fished a little differently than the SST does.
    Different how ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    My partner and I both fish from the front. It seams with rods out on deck that the SST is a narrower deck. Also there is some space at the nose that's not usable with a trolling motor pedal down in a well. It's still a great boat just a little different.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

My partner and I both fish from the front. It seams with rods out on deck that the SST is a narrower deck. Also there is some space at the nose that's not usable with a trolling motor pedal down in a well. It's still a great boat just a little different.
    Tinfo... kinda like a we measured a 21XRD at the seat post and a 20 is wider..
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    I think the 20 ft. Boats are underrated. I fished one for years and still love the capabilities of them. They still handle water pretty good if you know how to drive one.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

10. Member
    I think the 20 ft. Boats are underrated. I fished one for years and still love the capabilities of them. They still handle water pretty good if you know how to drive one.

If if I were building a new Bullet today it would be a 21XRD Carbon layup. The best of all worlds. They can keep the new models.

11. Member
    Wander what that would cost?? I would like a 21RDC in Carbon!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Wander what that would cost??
    You prolly don’t want to know!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOD View Post
    If if I were building a new Bullet today it would be a 21XRD Carbon layup. The best of all worlds. They can keep the new models.
    You wouldn't say that if you spent some time on a S boat , rear compartments and cooler on the X boat are annoying and out dated between not being able to get to the batteries easy on the water, lifting the seats to get in the rear storage, live well lids blowing open , cooler lid issues ... I did it for 20 years loved my boats but not having to deal with that is very nice ... not to mention the S boats have a better ride not that the others don't ride good! Only thing the X boat has over the S is speed if that's more important to you then X is the way.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    What cooler lid issues? I've never had one, never had a problem with a livewell lid until my 2016

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Tinfo... kinda like a we measured a 21XRD at the seat post and a 20 is wider..

Guess that measurement depends on how for forward or rearward the original owner chose to have the post installed. Mine is very far forward and it's narrow there, but if it wer a foot back it would be much wider.
    XRS/250 ProXS

20cc or 20xdc is the answer to the question in the title.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    20cc or 20xdc is the answer to the question in the title.
    Thanks for getting us back on topic, lol. I also agree with the 20CC or 20XDC
    XRS/250 ProXS

18. Banned
    why would a 20XDC be a faster boat than a 20XRD?

19. Member
    I think it has to do with aerodynamics. I don't have first hand knowledge, but I have heard that before.
    XRS/250 ProXS

20. Member
    Sounds right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast