1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp Oil

I just purchased 95 Ranger 481v with a Johnson Fast Strike motor. Always had Mercury’s beforehand so forgive my ignorance.

What’s the best oil to use in this motor? The previous owner was the original owner and always used Evinrude oil but that’s not really available in my area. Im not too keen on combining different oil brands in the same tank but only other option is to order online if it’s even able to ship that way. Heard good things about Penzoil though and I can pick that up at the local Walmart. The closest bass pro doesn’t sell gallon size Evinrude oil.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If that is the case, I'd use Quicksilver Premium Plus. That is a semi synthetic blend.

https://domo-online.com/evinrude-oil/

I have had very good purchases from Domo over the years. I try to buy the bulk gallon cases (3 or 6 gallons) to save a few bucks. They do ship quick, and typically have the best on-line prices of any other places.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

4. Member
    X2 on championman

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I can pick that up at the local Walmart. The closest bass pro doesn’t sell gallon size Evinrude oil.
    Did You ask at your walmart? Or just look in the boating section for oil? Every Walmart I have been in carry OEM Evenrude/Johnson oil. Need look around the motor oil/chain saw/motor cycle oil area. Also if your walmart does not stock it. You can order online and pick up free at your local walmart.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evinrude-...d-Oil/24091064
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evinrude-...e-Oil/36008461
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. And ya I checked the Walmart near me in the auto section and outdoors section. They only carry Quicksilver and Penzoil out here. I might order online and pick it up in store just to stay with oem oil.
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. And ya I checked the Walmart near me in the auto section and outdoors section. They only carry Quicksilver and Penzoil out here. I might order online and pick it up in store just to stay with oem oil.
    These stores say they have in stock based on your zip
    Herkimer, 103 N Caroline St
    Utica, 710 Horatio St
    New Hartford, 4765 Commercial Dr
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

8. Member
    Hmm that’s odd. I went to the herkimer Walmart last night and walked around the auto, marine, and outdoor power section and they didn’t have any. I asked one of the people working in the auto section to check and see if they have any and their stock said 0. Would prob just have to order it online and pick it up in store.
    1995 Ranger 481v

9. Member
    I've been running Penzoil XLF in my 2005 and am very pleased with performance so far?