Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    That’s why I only use Shakespeare and Mitchell now

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    That’s why I only use Shakespeare and Mitchell now
    Hey now, I grew up fishing with a Shakespeare Wonder rod and Garcia Mitchell 300, and that stiff, brown Royal Bonnyl mono line!

Just stating facts, fellas. Y’all use what ya like but I do my best to not buy foreign goods if I can keep from it. Sometimes I don’t have a choice. If I spend $380 for a rod, my first look is going to go to one manufactured here.

Pathetic people still boat flip fish. Fling them into the boat so they can flop around on the bottom of the boat not to mention landing on their heads and back most times. Been using Dobyns rods for about 12 years now. Great customer service. Its the people who abuse the warranty program who make prices go up.
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golfpro307 View Post
    Pathetic people still boat flip fish. Fling them into the boat so they can flop around on the bottom of the boat not to mention landing on their heads and back most times.
    Agree 100% with this. It’s the most ridiculous thing pro bass anglers ever did and still do. I see that finally MLF is penalizing guys for letting fish hit the deck but so many wannabe guys still try and act like they’re some Elite tour pro flipping 3 and 4+ lbers. To me they look like googans.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Just stating facts, fellas. Y’all use what ya like but I do my best to not buy foreign goods if I can keep from it. Sometimes I don’t have a choice.
    Opinions are not facts�� Such a load of crap because I will bet your boat you fish reels made outside the US. You do have a choice but choose to fish US made rods but choose to use foreign made reels. What a double standard. ����

Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Opinions are not facts�� Such a load of crap because I will bet your boat you fish reels made outside the US. You do have a choice but choose to fish US made rods but choose to use foreign made reels. What a double standard. ����
    Then here is a fact. This is America fellas. You get to buy whatever you want, wherever you want. Celebrate it don't condemn it. My .02. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    It’s not an opinion that I try to buy goods made here in the states. Everything else may be an opinion. I would buy reels made here if I had a choice. It’s fine if you like Dobyns rods. I’ve handled a few and couldn’t believe how dead they feel. Everyone has choices and I won’t buy a Dobyns. No harm in you buying them if that’s what you like.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    Mexico is not overseas and is part of the Americas so it’s all good. Hell their people are free to come and go into our country as they please so it’s like they are made here anyway .
    So it's ok to exploit cheap labor just as long as its in the "Americas?"

10. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Just stating facts, fellas. Y’all use what ya like but I do my best to not buy foreign goods if I can keep from it. Sometimes I don’t have a choice. If I spend $380 for a rod, my first look is going to go to one manufactured here.

HA HA With Fuji guides and reel seat.....>>> Right???

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    I can’t control where the components come from but at least people here in the states are putting them on.

Its the extreme ANGLE while lifting (flipping) a bass that causes breakage...If a rod is brought back up toward your body the rod tip starts bending back toward itself and it will break...as a guide Ive seen this even on 5 powers. Great response from a class act Gary!
    Northwoods Adventures Guide Service... Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123