200 XRI EFI fuel slick after running

1995 200 xri efi OG201960
    After running the boat im getting what appears to be a fuel or oil slick that lingers in the water. I recently deleted my oil injection, which could be remnants of possible spilling

Rather then wait, id like to see if i am able to verify if its gas or oil thats in the water? Is there a clear indication of telling if its oil or gas?

Also if it is gas, would it be comin from the exhaust tube, leakin down and out of the prop area?

What would cause that?
    While i did my oil injection, i pulled the 90 degree elbow outnof the vst and silly me fuel came gushing out. Fuel was clean, actually alot cleaner then i assumed. I say this because im aware of the needle in the vst, which could lead to a leak? Which would exit the exhaust manifold?

I am thinkin the best method to find this leak would be to clean the entire engine, and inside the cowling area. What solution or method is best to spray to get the various parts of the motor clean?

Buddy suggested i use purple power spray.
    Last edited by Check85; 08-07-2019 at 02:52 PM.

2. Member
    purples good
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................