Looking into a Stroker, transom question

Looking at an 03 stroker. I have read that some year models needed a transom update or rebuild, if anyone could give me insight on which years needed attention that would be great, thanks!

2. Member
    They were the early years and they put in a third knee brace. The 2003 has this upgrade already.

3. Member
    I know that all models before 98' had some wood in their hull. I believe 03' had some change to the transom. You shouldn't have any problems as your boat is composite. Strokers are built to a incredible tee. You'll regret not buying it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by zx175'in View Post
    Looking at an 03 stroker. I have read that some year models needed a transom update or rebuild, if anyone could give me insight on which years needed attention that would be great, thanks!

4. Member
    Thanks guys, any idea on a ballpark price for an 03 with an 03 merc pro XB 250? Detweiler plate, excellent condition, basic troller and the electronics. Around 300 hours

5. Member
    Market value should be in the low 20s maybe close to mid 20s I got a great deal on mine in the high teens.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

6. Member
    Close for sure
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    Agree wing ANG. The max I'd pay for a stroker with a 250 Xb would be around 27k. And that would be for a Stroker that has been extremely well taken care of.
    Thanks guys, any idea on a ballpark price for an 03 with an 03 merc pro XB 250? Detweiler plate, excellent condition, basic troller and the electronics. Around 300 hours

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies, ended up buying the boat, lots of learning to do! Came with a 26 trophy he used for smaller lakes and then a
    new 28 bravo. It has a detweiler plate with the dial for adjustment. He says he usually ran it around “4” on the dial. Should I start slightly below pad and go from there?

9. Member
    Well, if the boat has a sportmaster, they often run above pad. I can tell ya one thing though, you will love your boat! Show us some pics too!
    Thanks for the replies, ended up buying the boat, lots of learning to do! Came with a 26 trophy he used for smaller lakes and then a
    new 28 bravo. It has a detweiler plate with the dial for adjustment. He says he usually ran it around “4” on the dial. Should I start slightly below pad and go from there?

10. Member
    Congrats on the new to you Stroker. They are great boats. When I bought my first one I think I started with the motor flush or 1/2" above the pad. I would go out and run at a speed I was comfortable with and make an occasional burst faster until it felt out of control and trim down and back out of the throttle. It took time but each time I went out I would go a little faster until comfortable. Now I usually start at 1.5" above pad and go from there depending on water conditions and what I am doing. I had the exact-a-dial and as I recall it didn't repeat very accurately. With the boat on a relatively flat surface level the hull and then level the motor. I use a 4 ft level or straight edge under the boat on the floor shimming as required to account for the floor not being level. Measure from the bottom of the pad to the level or straight edge then measure form the center of the prop shaft to the to the same surface, do the math to see what the difference is. I have marked my jack plate with paint stripes for a quick ref as to how high or low the motor is. Again this is just for reference but will get you close everytime you start your day. Good luck and be safe.