Daiwa guys...question about spools

This winter I'm thinking that I'm going to upgrade my Steez 103H SV reel. I've already asked about getting a different gear set so I can go from 6.3 to 8.1, and I'm thinking I'm also going to add the carbontex drag washers. When it comes to the different spools available, I'm completely lost. I use this reel for a few different things...pitching jigs and t-rigs but also casting hollow bellied frogs and weightless senkos. Is the SV spool ideal or should I be looking at a different spool? If so, what spool? What are the differences or reasons why I would pick one spool over another?

Also, any other upgrades you would recommend? I already have the cork knobs and color-matching accents on the reel. Just trying to make this reel as awesome as I can. Thanks!

2. Banned
    You need a TDZ Type R spool. That things is amazing. But that will so depend on line you are gonna use.

3. Member
    Go to Hedgehog studios.com

If you want it to be as awesome as it can, you could send the reel to Bryan at The Tackle Trap for a full on super tune, install of the carbontex, etc. If you want an amazing spool, and I'd recommend picking one up before they're all gone, get the ZPI NRC001-PG. It fits a bunch of Daiwa reels, comes with a set of ZPI spool bearings, and is an incredible performer all the way around. Unfortunately ZPI has stopped making and selling this amazing spool and once we sell out of them, they will be gone

If you're considering a TD-Z spool, I'd make sure to get R+ not just Type R because that little + makes a huge difference

5. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm already planning on sending the reel to The Tackle Trap for the gear swap, super tune, and carbontex. I planned on doing that sometime this winter, so I just wanted to figure out if there was anything else I wanted to do to the reel while it's there. I'll take a look at the Type R+ and ZPI spools for sure.