Mid September trip

Hey everyone!

im planing a trip in mid sept with the gf. Trying to put her on some good bass fishing. I’ve been struggling this year with her and putting her on some fish. I really like Kerr but I’m afraid there won’t be anything to keep her attention there since it’s in the middle of nowhere. No dinner spots or anything. Wasn’t a big fan of Clarksville when I went through in May. But could have been bad timing. How’s Gaston that time of year? Also leaning towards one of the Raleigh area lakes too. Not going monster hunting so I’m fine with quantity over quality of fish. It’s “our” birthday trip so it needs to accommodate her wants as well. But I’m taking the boat so I got what I want lol. Thanks for the tips in advance.

2. Member
    Go to Norman. Should be a lot of fun that time of year. Plenty of other stuff to keep your gf occupied around the lake and any place you can think of to eat is there.

Gaston probably wouldnt have alot more to off than Kerr did as far as stuff to do beside fishing. South Hill is the nearest town to Gaston and not really anything nice around other than Brians Steakhouse. Raleigh area definately has anything you could want in the way of evening eating and entertainment. Jordan and Falls definately are fine fisheries.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

I second for Norman. Besides the awesome fishing, there is a restaurant that you can pull your boat right up to, tie off and go eat some good food and then go back and fish some more.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Fishing is a Passion
    It looks like the trip from York PA would be 7 hrs to either Kerr/Clarksville or Norman/Mooresville. Norman would be a much better trip for the GF. Hope it works out for you. Plenty of spots to catch
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

6. Member
    And believe me,you don’t want to go fishing on Kerr in September,IMO,the worst time for bass.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    And believe me,you don’t want to go fishing on Kerr in September,IMO,the worst time for bass.
    Don't wanna go to either of the Raleigh lakes either in September as they both suck in the fall

Norman. Topwater should be starting to get good.

9. Member
    You didn't mention Chatuge, but keep it off your list. It is awful until the water starts cooling into October.