Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    so bb45 I want to understand completely what you are saying. You had 19.1 on your ss3d box and you rolled it back to 18.3 and the box crashed!!! Do I understand this correctly? Has anyone else rolled back to 18.3 on their 3d box and been successful? thanks
    I rolled mine back successfully.

2. Member
    Seems general consensus is that 18.3 61.1.123 is best for 3D module.

What is the consensus for the Carbon. 18.3 133 or 155?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    so bb45 I want to understand completely what you are saying. You had 19.1 on your ss3d box and you rolled it back to 18.3 and the box crashed!!! Do I understand this correctly? Has anyone else rolled back to 18.3 on their 3d box and been successful? thanks
    Mine went bad rolling back from 19.1-18.3. Luckily it was covered under warranty so Lowrance sent me a new box that was pre loaded with 18.3. Haven't bothered changing since

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Addict View Post
    Seems general consensus is that 18.3 61.1.123 is best for 3D module.

What is the consensus for the Carbon. 18.3 133 or 155?
    155 fixed crap 133 broke....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    155 fixed crap 133 broke....
    Unless you want to use HDI as a source for down... i.e. 155 introduced new issues.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Unless you want to use HDI as a source for down... i.e. 155 introduced new issues.
    Clearly a case of .... Damned if ya' do n' damned if ya' don't....

7. Member
    Just out of curiousity.
    When the HDI stops working, is that the 7-pin HDI (used with adapter) or the 9-pin HDI or both?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Just out of curiousity.
    When the HDI stops working, is that the 7-pin HDI (used with adapter) or the 9-pin HDI or both?
    No adapter on mine. Downscan is worthless on 19.1
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

9. Member
    Just out of curiousity.
    7 pin HDI plugged into the blue 7 pin port, no adapter involved.

I typically use 3D ducer as my down source so its not a huge deal for me... none the less, I tested and confirmed the issue.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

10. Member
    Thanks CB and R2T.

11. Member
    Yesterday I was on Lowrance support call for this issue. Over an hour. As I was tired of waiting for a patch update. I was told they are not aware of this issue, and must not be affecting many. So nothing in the works. They said I could send in my ducker and box for tech support review.

12. Member
    First line support is lying or misinformed. (Not sure which is worse.) Navico is very much aware of the issues.
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 09-26-2019 at 11:05 AM.

First line support is lying or misinformed. (Not sure which is worse.) Navico is very much aware if the issues.
    Really sad

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Really sad
    Yes'sir... it tiz'. I've been a Lowrance fella for many... many... moons. While I'm not one to bite off my nose to spite my face.... Read that to say I'm not chunkin' the 3 Carbons I have now - that are working - I think. But I do upgrade ever 3-4 years. Usually just enough to skip one generation. Last time I missed Gen 3 - lucky me. Actually I bought 1(one) when I got my carbon for the console. Once I saw the difference between the Gen 3 and Carbon. Speed/resolution(viewing angle) being the most notable, I sold the Gen 3. Probably had it a month. That said... My next upgrade will not be Lowrance. I may well end up in the same boat with a different partner but hey.... I get tired of getting screwed by the same one over n' over again. Might be fun getting screwed by someone else!

15. Member
    The reason I was on Lowrance support for an hour is that after 5 minutes I realized the support person was clueless. I asked for escalation, I waited at least 20 minutes, that’s when I got to next level where he actually seemed to know the product. He actually asked me if I could test by swapping with someone else’s transducer or module to see if either were an issue. Then he asked if I tried downgrading. In any case he never admitted of a known problem or that any update is in the works. So my next step is to send in my hardware for them to test.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan805 View Post
    The reason I was on Lowrance support for an hour is that after 5 minutes I realized the support person was clueless. I asked for escalation, I waited at least 20 minutes, that’s when I got to next level where he actually seemed to know the product. He actually asked me if I could test by swapping with someone else’s transducer or module to see if either were an issue. Then he asked if I tried downgrading. In any case he never admitted of a known problem or that any update is in the works. So my next step is to send in my hardware for them to test.
    Good luck with that! I sent mine in. Actually I sent everything on my boat. 3 - Carbons, 1-ss3D module and the ss3d Transducer. I did not send a 2D transducer. or the ethernet cables... or the nmea cables, or the point one or the mounting gimbals. After for however long I was informed "NFF" - No Fault Found - return to customer. Customer was P.O.'d. That's capital P and capital O'd. Reinstall everything go to tournament - GPS works. 2D sonar works. DS/SS sucks... Call Lowrance again... send more screen shots(they look just like the previous one's I'd sent). Decision was made SS3D module is defective. Lowrance shipped with Saturday delivery 1-SS3D module and 1-SS3D transducer. Only took like 4 months start to finish.

17. Member
    I have played with different combinations between the Carbon 12 and 3D Box. 19.1 and 19.1 was horrible on my Skeeter. Xducer mounted center of transom below jackplate.
    The best combination I have found so far is the 18.3 133 on Carbon and 18.3 123 on 3D Box. You do have to turn the contrast up A+10 but seems to show good shadows and structure.

What is the consensus for HDS Live? no 3D.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigfishRanger View Post
    What is the consensus for HDS Live? no 3D.
    3in1
    Lss2 HD

20. Member
    Anyone having issues with carbons and the 3 in 1 ducer with the 19.1 update. Is it just the down scan having issues.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast