Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Better go get you an AR while you can

I stopped in the LGS yesterday and they said they are selling the crap out of them. Prices are still good but I think the window is closing fast. I am headed back today to get one.

I did that crap the last time a nut shot some place up. Hell I remember when you couldn't find the parts. I frankensteined one with what parts I could find in stock. Ended up wrapping up about $950 in it. At the time that was cheap b/c a lame AR was selling for $1200 on the low end. Then the market crashed on them, I had in a complete upper what a complete rifle cost. I'll wait this one out for awhile before I buy another AR.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I did that crap the last time a nut shot some place up. Hell I remember when you couldn't find the parts. I frankensteined one with what parts I could find in stock. Ended up wrapping up about $950 in it. At the time that was cheap b/c a lame AR was selling for $1200 on the low end. Then the market crashed on them, I had in a complete upper what a complete rifle cost. I'll wait this one out for awhile before I buy another AR.
    Well, I’ve been wanting another one and my wife said I better do it. I’ve convinced her this one is hers lol

Ammo and magazines will be the first thing to become scarce and overpriced. Ammo prices had just gotten back down to a reasonable level since the last panic.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Banned
    The ban of 1994 will probably resurface in some way. Could always build from an 80, unless they toss that in the mix too.

Banning AR's what a bunch crap. Don't see it happening unless Trump loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Banning AR's what a bunch crap. Don't see it happening unless Trump loses.
    They may not ban them but the prices are most likely going to go up. My local place is almost sold out in the last couple of days and they feel like prices are going to get silly again. I just paid $439 bucks for a brand new one so I’ll take that every day of the week

8. Member
    They are going crazy in places... guns and lowers.... just wait until the politicians start really talking... I am a rep for an MSR company (and other companies) and today two of us have sold a TON of lowers. I mean a bunch.....

9. Member
    Some folks say that folks should not have "weapons of war." First off I know of no army that uses the AR-15 but the big issue is yes people should have weapons of war. The founders wrote the amendment into the bill of rights to explicitly allow citizens to have and to empower the use of such weapons to hold their government accountable if they reached too far. The ultimate insurance policy for the crap that is beginning to happen now. A ban on them would not pass the constitutional smell test but that has never stopped unconstitutional laws before.

Another opinion brought up is that the founders could not have envisioned such weapons and that is probably true. They also probably did not envision radio, television, or internet media in the days of the "press" either but you do not here folks calling for abolishing the freedom of the press for those media outlets.

I do not think it is a person's "duty" to have weapons and know how to use them but a fully participating citizen should want to do their part IMO.

Agreed Transom. Amazes me how many folks think AR's are full auto.

11. Member
    Was at the range yesterday, as I am 1-2 times a week every week. Guy that works there told me he's seen an incredible spike in folks bringing their AR's into practice with/get sighted in this week. About 10X the normal traffic for them.
    John

12. Member
    My best buddy is 79 and a huge gun and knife collector (he has his collection insured for $350,000). I talked to him yesterday and he said he is going out to buy another AR. I asked him didn't he already own one, he responded that he already has 3 of them. I asked him if he ever fired one and he said no. Mike is a collector and has many unfired guns by the way.

So my question is, do you fire your AR or do you keep it unfired like my buddy Mike does?
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    My best buddy is 79 and a huge gun and knife collector (he has his collection insured for $350,000). I talked to him yesterday and he said he is going out to buy another AR. I asked him didn't he already own one, he responded that he already has 3 of them. I asked him if he ever fired one and he said no. Mike is a collector and has many unfired guns by the way.

So my question is, do you fire your AR or do you keep it unfired like my buddy Mike does?
    I bought my AR a little over a year ago because I was concerned about them being banned eventually. Never have fired it and I have around 1k rounds for it. One of these days I'll break it out and let her eat some paper at the range.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post

yes, they make great hunting rifles.

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    The hysteria is real.

See where Walmart corporate has even instructed their stores to cease showing any hunting videos in their sporting goods departments...

Hunting videos, for crying out loud...

Mr. Sam never would have allowed this crap.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    The hysteria is real.

See where Walmart corporate has even instructed their stores to cease showing any hunting videos in their sporting goods departments...

Hunting videos, for crying out loud...

Mr. Sam never would have allowed this crap.
    That's for sure. I live about 10 miles from WalMart world HQ. There is a museum in the downtown there, his old 5&10 cents store. There are pictures of him with his old bird dog. I doubt the current CEO is a hunter, but don't know that for sure.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    yes, they make great hunting rifles.
    Heck yea, great hog killers. About 3/4 of my hog hunters use them..

18. Member
    Guys, NOW is the time to start buying ammo and all the reloading supplies you think you'll ever need. Prices are probably low as they will ever get. Great deals now since supply has caught up with demand. Unbelievable deals on bulk .22s and 9mm. NOW is the time. Remember the shortages a few years ago? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Guys, NOW is the time to start buying ammo and all the reloading supplies you think you'll ever need. Prices are probably low as they will ever get. Great deals now since supply has caught up with demand. Unbelievable deals on bulk .22s and 9mm. NOW is the time. Remember the shortages a few years ago? Just saying.
    This
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Heck yea, great hog killers. About 3/4 of my hog hunters use them..
    I’m gonna try and snag one more in 300 blackout if the gun shop gets more in next week like they are supposed to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast