Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

All-welded, 1-piece aluminum hull (Pro Team 190 TX)

Other than Tracker who else has a 1-piece aluminum hull?

Definately seems like an advantage after seeing these posts with the keels splitting open on a couple of boats.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Other than Tracker who else has a 1-piece aluminum hull?

Definately seems like an advantage after seeing these posts with the keels splitting open on a couple of boats.
    My Polar Kraft TX195 Pro has a one piece "bottom" of hull

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    My Polar Kraft TX195 Pro has a one piece "bottom" of hull
    so does my 1754se

I have a bud that lives on the lake I live on that has a Tracker 190. It had aluminum cracks in it in the front area. He had to send it to the Tracker factory. They pulled up the floor and rewelded some of the braces and the boat. That was a couple of years ago and I heard it was now leaking again. If the interior welds break on the supports under the floor which are cross members to the stringers, the flex in the aluminum would eventually cause a crack.

A human being welds all that bracing in. Not all welds are perfect, I don't care what company is doing it. What I like about Ranger is that on the problem hulls they have had, they have given the people a brand new hull free of charge.....at least the ones I know of. No matter who the welder is, they are going to have a bad penetration or a cold or hot spot. No matter. I think the odds of you getting a problem hull are very very very small.....no matter the name on the boat. But it is going to happen to a minimal few. I am going to stay with a company that will probably give me a new hull and not patch the old one if I have a problem.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    What I like about Ranger is that on the problem hulls they have had, they have given the people a brand new hull free of charge.....at least the ones I know of.

Not always. There's a few on here who had to get their Rangers re-welded due to cracks, and Ranger didn't just replace the hull. Another couple I've seen got new hulls, but only after getting it "fixed" and it breaking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    Not always. There's a few on here who had to get their Rangers re-welded due to cracks, and Ranger didn't just replace the hull. Another couple I've seen got new hulls, but only after getting it "fixed" and it breaking again.
    I am not familiar with that instance. I remember one that had a little split right at the front tip of the boat and it was welded. I am referring to actual hull problems...cracks in the hull. I know of four in the RT188 in six years. All four received new hulls - no problem. They had Bill put some JB weld on his, but that was just some could keep his boat and keep fishing while his new hull was being made. The RT188s I know of with cracks in the hull got new hulls. I am sure you are right, I just don't remember them.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

There is not brand out there that by default they replace every cracked hull weld with a brand new hull. Every scenario is different and needs to be evaluated for what steps are needed to make the repair.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

I seem to recall a couple of then splitting the bow open and one of the repairs opening up again but i cant remember honestly its been awhile. One of the bow repairs was done alot better than the other i remember that. And there are many more out there im sure outside this forum with issues no doubt this is a small drop in a big pool. Seems we seeing alot of cracking threads even vexus having a major one recently so whats the appeal of aluminum again if you have to worry about that? Lol. I never really did before but i do now cant wait to make a change...
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.