Merc Monitor not reading Water Pressure

Have a new 200 Pro XS 4 stroke and amazed I am not reading water pressure on Merc Monitor.

Read, rpm, oil temp, oil pressure, speed, trim, etc all work.

Is the water pressure sensor an option? I found p/n 8M0142696 online that may be the correct sensor?

Thanks,
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

2. Member
    Yes you have to add the extra part to the 4s to see it on the Mercmonitor.

3. Member
    Thanks Dave, will get it ordered.
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

4. Member
    I would recommend contacting European Marine to ensure you get the correct part for your motor.

5. Member
    You can also use a tee in mounting sending unit and retain water pressure going to analog gauge assuming this is new motor for repower and you have one.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

There is a post in the FAQ Section that outlines an optional install with BOTH Analog and Digital Block (Water) Pressure.

See Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of the Forum) for Parts Assistance.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Banned
    Don’t cheap out and buy one on eBay. It will probably be wrong and they won’t stand behind it. Don’t ask how I know.
    buy it from a reputable dealer like European Marine.

8. Member
    Why would they just not include this on the purchase of the motor? must not be important..?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The lion's share of boats don't have instrumentation for Water Pressure (especially digital). As much as we like to think that "we are the market" we must remember that Bass Fishing Boats (or even fishing boats in general) are but a small portion of the overall engine marketplace.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    The lion's share of boats don't have instrumentation for Water Pressure (especially digital). As much as we like to think that "we are the market" we must remember that Bass Fishing Boats (or even fishing boats in general) are but a small portion of the overall engine marketplace.
    Blows my mind that any boat owner, regardless of bass/pontoon/bay/pleasure/offshore/deck/etc would not want H2O pressure...you will never catch me captain of a boat running an open loop cooling system without a pressure gauge...it is THE early warning for overheat issues, right?

That said, I am sure Merc knows the market better than me...and it saves them a few bucks per engine to ship without it...so I get it from a business perspective...
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

11. Member
    It's kind of funny really...paid $22-24K for a 300R and Mercury doesn't supply a $27-67 dollar part - go figure...I can't image running ANY boat without water pressure gauges - also, don't know what graphs you'll be reading water pressure from, but if its off a Garmin unit, it'll be called Coolant Pressure, not water pressure.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO