Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You plugged the wrong set of holes first... Rear set should be plugged and move forward until you achieve the best holeshot rpms... Normally 3500-3800.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    You plugged the wrong set of holes first... Rear set should be plugged and move forward until you achieve the best holeshot rpms... Normally 3500-3800.
    I figured there was something to tweak. I will try tomorrow!

3. Member
    Well I stated the holes pluged wrong. I actually plugged 4 holes to the rear of the prop. Darn it! Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by Rick Howard; 08-20-2019 at 04:27 PM.

How many rpms when you mash the gas on holeshot?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you would like to meet me one day im up at onondaga ill let ya run my 25p fury 4. Pretty sure you will want 1 , I dont think that prop you have is gonna do what you want no matter how hard you try.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    How many rpms when you mash the gas on holeshot?
    I don't really mash the gas. I push the throttle smooth but fast. It plows water for a second then it starts to tip over at 3000 rpm but then quickly spikes to 4000 once on plane. About 4-6 Mississippi. Full livewells and extra passenger 6-8 Mississippi.

Im back at this project because my prop is damaged. I idled over a rock shoal. Prop is fixable but I'm going to fix it and buy a new prop.

I tried the razor 4 XL 25p. That was a fail. I lost too much speed. Tried moving the engine up and down but I still had a lot of slip.

I am open to suggestions. If you could elaborate a little on your suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Right now considering a Raker HO and rx4 but I am not certain which pitch.

COuld I have More PVS holes added to a 26p? Maybe run a Razor XL 26p with more plugs open?

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You are going the wrong direction on the Razor XL. A 24 pitch in the 4XL runs and pulls the same as a 26 inch in most props. It might sound counterintuitive, but with too much pitch in that prop you actually get more slip. I had a 26 Razor 4XL on a Ranger Z520 with 250 H.O. engine and it blew out on takeoff and was unimpressive at top end. Exchanged it for a 24 pitch in the same prop and it hooked up like a tractor on low end, with very satisfactory [better] top end as well. At that time, I searched the forums for others’ reports on the same prop, and found numerous corroborating cases.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    I'm already at the top end on rpm though wouldn't a lower pitch put my rpm too high?

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    5400 is not the max for that engine.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    5400 is not the max for that engine.
    With the razor 4 XL 25 I was running 5700.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    id throw my hat in the ring and say a 25p fury 4 it has been the best prop thus far over a trophy tempest plus and raker II on my ranger w 200 ho.
    I'd agree with this guy. I was going to say a 25 Trophy but this guy has been there done that. Plus it reminded me that Ranger hulls liked the Fury props. You may have to run it a bit deeper though.

You can run that motor to 6150 RPM but it makes full power at 5800, plus it's better on the motor to prop it to 5800.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

12. Member
    I think I’m confused on a few things. Is there a reference guide on props regarding pitch, number of blades, diameter, pvs holes...

I want to check my understanding on a few things.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    I think I’m confused on a few things. Is there a reference guide on props regarding pitch, number of blades, diameter, pvs holes...

I want to check my understanding on a few things.
    This might help:

http://www.marksprops.com/faq.php

14. Member
    Well I got everything back in order. Put a Raker HO 25 pitch. Fully loaded plane time is good. Top end speed is the same but at 5800 rpm. Had to drop the motor a bit also turned the PVS holes a 1/4 to get this prop right. Stays on plane at low speed and handles well. I like it.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    Well I got everything back in order. Put a Raker HO 25 pitch. Fully loaded plane time is good. Top end speed is the same but at 5800 rpm. Had to drop the motor a bit also turned the PVS holes a 1/4 to get this prop right. Stays on plane at low speed and handles well. I like it.
    I have a 25 fury and 25 fury 4 if we get a chance to meet in the spring on onondaga I think you will love the fury 4 25 on that boat. it has by far been the best overall prop i have ever tried and i have been thru fury 3, fury 4, tempest plus, renegade, and trophy. Id like to try that HO 25.

16. Member
    I'm up for that. Next time your around let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12