KUDOS to Jones Trolling Motor

I want to pass on to everyone a very positive experience I had with Jones Trolling motor in Texarkana. I have a 2003 digital 36V Tour Edition MG which needed some refurbishing after 16 years. I went to a local ASC and spoke with them and they told me there was no way to get parts for my TM any longer. That seemed strange to me so I called John at Jones TM shop and he told me that that information was not accurate and that he could take care of it. So I made the two hour drive from Yantis, TX to Texarkana and it was well worth the trip. John was extremely knowledgeable and had all the parts to totally refurbish my TM. He also, evaluated the interference I was getting from the TM to my bow Humminbird 798 ci si and determined it was a bad transducer. He took a lot of time to troubleshoot that for me, while the local ASC person really had no interest in assessing that for me at all. John's service was exemplary and he has my business forever. Taylor was also outstanding as he did the work on the TM and the installation of the new transducer. Everything is working great and I did not have to spend big dollars (thousands) on a brand new trolling motor which was the advice I was given locally. John was very honest, informative, and truly wanted to solve the issues for me. He and his entire team were super. I can't say enough positive things about John and his business.

2. Member
    John is superb! I wish I lived closer to drive to his shop but he has been helpful over the phone in helping to diagnose issues many times, and always has the needed parts to ship. You're lucky you are so close!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    John is superb! I wish I lived closer to drive to his shop but he has been helpful over the phone in helping to diagnose issues many times, and always has the needed parts to ship. You're lucky you are so close!
    I agree. For the service that John provides, the four hour round trip is truly worth it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    I want to pass on to everyone a very positive experience I had with Jones Trolling motor in Texarkana. I have a 2003 digital 36V Tour Edition MG which needed some refurbishing after 16 years. I went to a local ASC and spoke with them and they told me there was no way to get parts for my TM any longer. That seemed strange to me so I called John at Jones TM shop and he told me that that information was not accurate and that he could take care of it. So I made the two hour drive from Yantis, TX to Texarkana and it was well worth the trip. John was extremely knowledgeable and had all the parts to totally refurbish my TM. He also, evaluated the interference I was getting from the TM to my bow Humminbird 798 ci si and determined it was a bad transducer. He took a lot of time to troubleshoot that for me, while the local ASC person really had no interest in assessing that for me at all. John's service was exemplary and he has my business forever. Taylor was also outstanding as he did the work on the TM and the installation of the new transducer. Everything is working great and I did not have to spend big dollars (thousands) on a brand new trolling motor which was the advice I was given locally. John was very honest, informative, and truly wanted to solve the issues for me. He and his entire team were super. I can't say enough positive things about John and his business.
    Thanks for allowing us to take care of you. Enjoyed meeting you as well.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    He's put out an untold amount of good information here and helped a lot of people.

7. Member
    John is outstanding.

8. Member
    John and his wife are tops!

Always a good experience with John

10. Member
    I also had a similar experience with Jones Trolling motor. It was a few days before a tournament and a holiday Monday. I called everyone on Thursday and they all told me they would not be able to get it fixed. I even called the guy at Fork which was a lot closer for me and he didn't even ask any questions just said he can not do warranty work. I didn't even get a chance to tell him it was out of warranty because he didn't care. I am 30 minutes from Fork but will gladly drive longer to avoid that guy. I called Jones trolling motor and talked to John. After a brief conversation he knew what the problem was and told me to bring it over. I drove from Dallas over to their facility in Shreveport and they took care of me so that I could even pre-fish before my tourney. I believe a little longer drive is worth it!!! Jones trolling motor provides excellent customer service!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    I also had a similar experience with Jones Trolling motor. It was a few days before a tournament and a holiday Monday. I called everyone on Thursday and they all told me they would not be able to get it fixed. I even called the guy at Fork which was a lot closer for me and he didn't even ask any questions just said he can not do warranty work. I didn't even get a chance to tell him it was out of warranty because he didn't care. I am 30 minutes from Fork but will gladly drive longer to avoid that guy. I called Jones trolling motor and talked to John. After a brief conversation he knew what the problem was and told me to bring it over. I drove from Dallas over to their facility in Shreveport and they took care of me so that I could even pre-fish before my tourney. I believe a little longer drive is worth it!!! Jones trolling motor provides excellent customer service!!!

I had the same experience with the Lake Fork TM shop. The guy hardly even acknowledged me when I entered and pretty much didn't even want to listen to my concerns about my TM. I wondered why he was even in business. I knew I would never give him any of my business. I will always drive the four hour round trip to see John.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    thanks, BTW, I'm in Texarkana-not Shreveport
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]