Ranger Trailer question

I have a 2014 Ranger z119c with a tandem Ranger trailer. I have just over 5100 miles on the trailer and blew my third tire this afternoon. It always seems to be the left front tire on the trailer. Has anyone else had an issue with the tires on their trailers or know what could be causing this?

Thanks!
    John

2. Banned
    Is it stored in the sun? e.g. that side is always exposed to the sun..

3. Member
    No, it's always in the garage.
    John

4. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    If the tread has not worn unevenly then it is probably a run of bad tires. If the tread is very unevenly worn then it could be the belt came apart which seems to happen with the China made tires. There is very little alignment/toe in that can be done but it's a possibility.

What kind of damage and where on the tire are the blowouts occurring?
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

5. Member
    Have you noticed uneven wear on that tire? spindle or axle could be bent causing toe issues and not rolling straight.

6. Member
    I haven't noticed any unusual treadwear and the tire pressure is checked regularly. I didn't think to check the treadwear after the last blowout and today the entire tread came off the tire. I am having four new tires put on tomorrow and I'll have to keep a better eye on them.

Thanks for all the input!
    John

7. Member
    I suggest Goodyear Endurance for your replacements if you can

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    I suggest Goodyear Endurance for your replacements if you can
    what he said,what tires are using ??

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Other than possibly bad tires, if you consistently blow the same tire, keep a close eye on tread wear in that location. I had one Ranger trailer that wore down the right front tire 10x faster than any of the others. So there was definitely an alignment/toe issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JDurocher View Post
    I haven't noticed any unusual treadwear and the tire pressure is checked regularly. I didn't think to check the treadwear after the last blowout and today the entire tread came off the tire. I am having four new tires put on tomorrow and I'll have to keep a better eye on them.

Thanks for all the input!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Don't run Chinese made tires. You are asking for trouble and are lucky if you escaped fender damage with your past blowouts.

11. Member
    You may want to have someone check your rim.
    Pot holes typically create more issue on front vs back rims (assuming aluminum) . I had same tire blow twice then changed out rims. No issue after 3 years.

Do you back into a tight turn when you park it at home ? Especially if it's a hard left. That front wheel does more "Skidding" and has added movement of the tire against the rim. You should rotate your tires. I do mine about every 6 mo. or sooner if I've gone fishing a lot. Even turning around at the ramp can damage a tire, as they're "Hot" from the drive, then sideways movement is put on them. Some manufactures have a stiffer sidewall to help alleviate this. Sounds crazy, but ask any Intelligent Trucker (there's a challenge for you, lol) who runs a Spread Axle Trailer about the tires on the left front axle !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents