Max RPM for my 150 Pro XS

I have a 2012 Nitro Z7 with a 150 Merc 150 Pro XS with 54 hours on the motor. Motor number is 1B914647. My research on the Mercury site tells me that this engine should have a maximum RPM range at full throttle between 5250 and 5750. However, several BBC members have suggested that this motor should be be turned to 5800-5900 RPM at full throttle. Which is correct?

Currently, my boat runs 57 MPH at 5500 RPM with a Tempest Plus 23 pitch prop in 95 degree weather. Hole shot is acceptable. I'm thinking I should not reprop it with a lower pitch until the weather cools off some since I'm told that RPM and speed will go up when temperature goes down into the 70s or 80s. Any thoughts?
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Member
    should bump limiter at 5800 prop it for 5750
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    The ProXS WOT rpm should be printed on the same label as your serial number. Also, your engine is covered in the 2.5L forum just below this one.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    The ProXS WOT rpm should be printed on the same label as your serial number. Also, your engine is covered in the 2.5L forum just below this one.
    Yes, but this forum says for "stock" motors and the forum below says for "high performance". My motor is bone stock.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]

5. Member
    Title for that forum is missing an "&" between 2.5L and high performance. See post #1 in the "Engine posts in the Appropriate Forum, Please" in the sticky topic section at top of this forum.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Title for that forum is missing an "&" between 2.5L and high performance. See post #1 in the "Engine posts in the Appropriate Forum, Please" in the sticky topic section at top of this forum.
    Ray K.
    Mount Dora, FL

2012 Nitro Z7
    150 Merc Pro Xs
    Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Power Pole 10 ft Blades
    Minn Kota Ulterra 80 lb.
    Dual Consoles
    Lowrance HDS 8 & 5

[IMG][/IMG]